- 3.5G wireless technology supports simultaneous voice and data tasks improving worker productivity
- Fully rugged device and accessories perform despite bumps, knocks, dust and dirt (IP64 seal rating and 1.8m drop spec)
- An extension to the successful CN3 Series
- Enhanced Mobile Document Imaging captures full-page documents in field without the use of extra devices or services
- Integrated GPS enables unprecedented visibility into workers’ routes
- Industry standard platform ensures devices will integrate quickly and easily
- Full suite of Intermec Development Tools reduces development costs and timelines
- Medallion Complete service provides protection against unbudgeted and rising repair costs
With integrated 3.5G wireless technology, the fully rugged and feature-rich Intermec CN4 Series mobile computers enable enterprises operating in the most demanding environments to leverage the benefits of high bandwidth data collection and communication to achieve gains in worker productivity, improvements and expansion in their service offering, and reductions in overhead.
The CN4 Series are not only the most rugged devices in their class with IP64 sealing and a 1.8m (6 ft) drop spec, but also have field-proven, built-in software support for a broad range of compatible peripherals designed to serve a broad range of applications in the transportation, field service and direct-store-delivery environments.
In addition to 3.5G UMTS/HSPA and CDMA/EVDO rev A technology, as well as a complete set of accessories and application development tools, the CN4 Series also packs a powerful combination of radio technologies including integrated GPS, Cisco CCX compatible WiFi, and Bluetooth® enabling enterprises to deploy and dynamically manage the right resources to the right location and provide the intelligence that their mobile workers need to increase customer responsiveness, and reduce inventory and transportation costs.
The CN4 Series features an optional imaging application called Intermec Enhanced Mobile Document Imaging (eMDI) which gives mobile workers a fast and reliable way to convert paper documents into electronic files. eMDI streamlines back office operations and improves cash flow by reducing time-to-billing for services rendered because delivery confirmations can be imaged in the field and sent wirelessly to the home office. Your business gains real-time access to document images, via the enterprise system, which can be used to answer customer queries, issue invoices, and update records.
The CN4 Series optional color camera can be used as an event validation tool, enabling workers to document proof-of-service or vehicle inspection. The CN4 Series features a touch screen display and is available with an ultra-slim extended battery that provides easy-to-carry power to support a full shift.
Because the CN4 Series is an extension to the proven platform architecture in the popular Intermec CN3 Series mobile computers, customers can rely on full compatibility between both the CN3 and CN4 Series, with Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1® and Internet Explorer 6 as well as leverage common APIs, wireless and mobile options, and accessories.
The industry standard platform in the CN4 Series ensures devices will integrate quickly and easily with existing systems. The comprehensive software toolkit, combined with a broad range of compatible peripherals, shortens time to deployment.
Intermec SmartSystems™ manages the CN4 Series to minimize your total cost of lifetime ownership. One-step provisioning allows you to quickly deploy the CN4 Series to your workforce to lower rollout costs. Remotely apply periodic system and software updates as well as configuration changes to the CN4 Series to keep costs associated with on-going system maintenance low, and to keep your computers performing in top condition.
North American wireless wide area network deployment can be fast and easy with Intermec ReadicareSM WWAN Activation and Provisioning Services. Intermec Medallion Support services are also available to help keep your mobile workforce in action worldwide.
Packed with road ready capabilities, the CN4 offers companies the opportunity to deploy into new areas of their businesses and realize increased return on their mobility investments.
• Single Dock, USB Host/Client (no modules)
• Single Dock, Ethernet Module
• Single Dock, Modem Module
• Quad Multi-dock, Ethernet
• Quad Multi-dock, Charge Only
• Quad External Battery Charger
• Magnetic Stripe Reader, Snap-on
• Vehicle Dock
• Auto Adapter
• Ethernet Adapter, Snap-on
• Audio Jack/Rugged Power Adapter, Snap-on
• RS232/DEX Adapter, Snap-on
• USB Host/Client Adapter, Snap-on
User Accessories :
89 mm (3.5 in) QVGA (240 x 320 pixel) Transflective TFT-LCD touch screen, LED backlight
Operating Temperature : -20°C to +60°C (-4°F to +140°F)
Storage Temperature : -20°C to +70°C (-4° F to +158° F)
Humidity : 95%
Drop Survival : 1.8 m (6’) per MIL- STD 810G
Environmental Protection : IP64
Electrostatic Discharge : +/- 15 kVdc air discharge
+/- 8 kVdc contact discharge
QWERTY or Numeric backlit keypad
Memory and Storage
RAM Memory : 128MB
Flash ROM : 256MB
Memory/Storage extensions : Customer-accessible miniSD slot for removable memory cards
Marvel PXA270M, 520 MHz
Windows Mobile 6.1® with Internet Explorer 6
Dimensions with standard battery pack : 173 x 81 x 28 mm (6.8 x 3.2 x 1.1 in)
Dimensions with Extended battery pack : 173 x 81 x 33 mm (6.8 x 3.2 x 1.3 in)
Weight : 397 - 454 g (14.0 oz - 16.0 oz)
Standard Battery Pack : 3.7V, 2200 mAh, (8.1 Watt hour) Li-Ion
Extended Battery Pack : 3.7V, 4000 mAh, (14.8 Watt hour) Li-Ion
- Product Brochure »
- CN4 Mobile Computer Quick Start Guide »
- CN4NI Mobile Computer Quick Start Guide »
- IP30 Handheld RFID Reader for the CN4 Quick Start Guide »
User's Guides and Manuals
- CN4 Series Mobile Computer User's Manual »
- Intermec RFID Demo User Guide »
- IP30 Handheld RFID Reader User Guide »