The NiceLabel PocketSDK (software development kit) enables software publishers to integrate professional bar code and RFID smart label printing into their mobile software product.
NiceLabel PocketSDK has all of the label design functionality of NiceLabel Pro and includes deployment rights for the easy-to-distribute Pocket NiceLabel Engine that is embedded in the software publisher's application for Windows Mobile devices.
The NiceLabel PocketSDK offers the following benefits:
- A powerful printing engine for thermal label printers (adding a missing printing support to Windows mobile platform)
- Print labels of almost any complexity (including bar codes and RFID)
- Easy integration and deployment without much of a learning curve
The Print Button of Your Mobile Application
Pocket NiceLabel Engine is the perfect bolt-on label printing engine for any mobile application:
- No need to learn an individual native printer language (unique printer code)
- No need to write an embedded printer code or communicate with the mobile operating system's I/O
- Deploy one interface for your mobile label printing application that offers the flexibility to print to more than 1300 thermal printers
Ease of Deployment
Pocket NiceLabel Engine is a set of Microsoft.NET Compact Framework Assemblies that expose programmatic interfaces to 3rd party applications. The .NET Assembly interfaces include the same mobile label printing components as Pocket NiceLabel. With the NiceLabel PocketSDK, there is no need to manually code label templates in the thermal printer’s native language. The NiceLabel desktop label designer enables graphical design of your label template. Simply export the label for the mobile computer and let NiceLabel generate the native printer code.
Ease of Integration
Easy integration of NiceLabel bar code and RFID smart label printing into your Web application:
1. NiceLabel PocketSDK adds a reference to the NiceLabel print engine in your development project.
2. When you compile the project for deployment, the NiceLabel PocketSDK runtime Assemblies are seamlessly added to your installer.
3. Simply install the main application on the target device and label printing is installed automatically.
4. NiceLabel PocketSDK enables mobile applications to control label printing functions to thermal label printers. Your application never communicates with the input/output ports on the mobile computer.
Simple, standardized API calls to the NiceLabel Pocket Engine allow the mobile application to print to a thermal label printer via TCP/IP, Bluetooth and COM (serial) ports.
Distributed (Print Server) Label Printing (Label printing through NiceWatch print server (integration middleware, part of NiceLabel Suite))
In addition to printing to a thermal printer directly, NiceLabel PocketSDK supports the distributed (print server) printing method. The print engine creates a .JOB file with specific label printing instructions that are sent to a server where NiceWatch is running.
The NiceWatch integration middleware module executes the instructions from the .JOB file and enables label printing to any printer on your network, including office printers. The NiceLabel PocketSDK becomes a mobile client to the NiceWatch centralized Print Server.
NiceLabel PocketSDK Components Tight integration with easy-to-use tool set
NiceLabel PocketSDK components include a CD-ROM, hardware key, documentation and print engine software key.
• NiceLabel PocketSDK distribution: Specific files to install and run Pocket NiceLabel Engine embedded within another application or system. Distribution rights are determined by the included license agreement.
• NiceLabel Pro: The advanced label designer for professional bar code and RFID labeling.
• Documentation: Pocket NiceLabel Programming Guide, NiceLabel PocketSDK User Guide.
• Support package: Programming components and samples for mobile application developers.
Licensing | Choose between unit based and unlimited engine licensing
• Unit based licensing: Pocket NiceLabel Engine is activated with a software key supplied by software vendor.
• Unlimited licensing model: The developer purchases annual distribution rights. No client activation is necessary.
NiceLabel PocketSDK is the right tool for integrating bar code and RFID label design and printing with thermal printer support into 3rd party software applications for Windows Mobile devices.
All printers with a Windows driver
Native thermal and ink-jet printer support using powerful 32-bit and 64-bit NiceDrivers:
Allen, Altec, Argox, ATD, Avery, Bixolon, Blazepoint, Brady, CAB, Carl Valentin, Century, Citizen, Cognitive, Compuprint, Comtec, Datamax, Domino, Eltron, EPC, Etimark, Extech, Facit, General Code, Genicom, GOD BM, Godex, IBM, ILS, Imaje, Intermec, Italora, ITD, Lapis, Markem, Markpoint, Meto, Mectec, Microcom, Monarch, MPH, Novexx, O'Neil, Open Date, Pago, Paxar, Postek, Printronix, QLS, Ring, Sartorius, SATO, TallyGenicom, TEC, Tharo, Toshiba, TSC, UBI, Unimark, Wasp, Zebra, Ziptape.
Printer status monitoring using bidirectional drivers
Native text file support (ASCII and CSV files)
OLE DB and ODBC database drivers (Excel, Access, Oracle, MS SQL Server and others) Borland Database Engine (BDE, for a direct dBase and Paradox support) and SQL Links (Oracle, SQL Server, Interbase...) Query builder and custom SQL scripting
BMP, CUR, DIB,EMF, FAX, G3F, G3N, GIF, ICB, ICO, J2K, JP2, JPC, JPE, JPEG, JPG, PCX, PIX,PNG, PPM, PXM, RLE, TARGA, TGA, TIF, TIFF, VDA, VST, WMF
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) support
NiceLabel offers full support for wide range of RF tag data encoding options. RF tag data encoding options can be set for High Frequency tags (TagIt, iCode, ISO...) and Ultra High Frequency tags (Class0, Class1, Class1 Gen2...). Supported standards:
Philips: I·code , I·code EPC, I·code UID, ISO15693
Texas Instruments: Tag-it, ISO15693
Matrics: EPC Class 0 (64/96/128/256 bit), Class 0+
Alien: EPC Class 1 (64/96 bit)
Inside Tech: Pico Tag and others
Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian (*some NiceLabel modules are translated in a limited number of languages)
Unicode Data Encoding and Processing
NiceLabel products are Unicode aware software. The Unicode encodings (like UTF-8 and UTF-16) are supported in database files and plain text files (.TXT, .CSV, .XML). The data encodings are automatically recognized.
Supported bar codes and 2-D symbologies
GS1 (EAN and UPC): EAN-8, EAN-8 + 2-digit supplement, EAN-8 + 5-digit supplement, EAN-13, EAN-13 + 2-digit supplement, EAN-13 + 5-digit supplement, EAN-14, DUN-14, UPC Case Code, UPC-A, UPC-A + 2-digit supplement, UPC-A + 5-digit supplement, UPC-E, UPC-E(1), UPC-E + 2-digit supplement, UPC-E + 5-digit supplement, GS1-128 (EAN.UCC 128), SSCC, Bookland, Addon 2, Addon 5, GS1 Datamatrix
Linear: Interleaved 2 of 5, ITF 14, ITF 16, Code 39, Code 39 Tri Optic, Code 39 Full ASCII, Code 32, Code 93, CODE 128 (A, B and C subsets), Code 128 Pharmacy, MSI, Codabar, Postnet-32, Postnet-37, Postnet-52, Postnet-62, Kix, Pharmacode, Plessy, Anker, Royal Mail bar code, Intelligent Mail Bar Codes (4-State Customer Bar Codes)
Linear GS1 DataBar (RSS) symbologies: RSS14, RSS14 Truncated, RSS14 Stacked, RSS14 Stacked Omnidirectional, RSS Limited, RSS Expanded, RSS Expanded Stacked
Composite GS1 DataBar (RSS) symbologies: RSS14, RSS14 Truncated, RSS14 Stacked, RSS14 Stacked Omnidirectional, RSS Limited, RSS Expanded, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, EAN.UCC 128 & CC-A/B, EAN.UCC 128 & CC-C
Two-dimensional: 2D-Pharmacode, PDF-417, DataMatrix, MaxiCode, Aztec, QR, MicroQR, Codablock F, MicroPDF
AI-Standards and Compliance Labeling
Certified by Microsoft, Oracle and GM; Included support for standards such as GS1-128 (EAN.UCC 128), EPC, ASC (FACT), Transfer Syntax, HIBC, ISBT 128, AIAG, ODETTE, GM1724, FDA 21 CFR 11 and many more.
Microsoft .NET Compact Framework Version 2.0