- Superior throughput eliminates wait time at the printer
- Heavy-duty metal construction withstands harsh / rugged environments
- Integrated EasyLAN™ Ethernet, USB and serial interface standard
- Compact Flash memory for quick and easy firmware, font and memory upgrades
- Supports stand-alone printer applications
- Easily adapts to changing host environments and applications
- Emulates and replaces competitive and older Intermec printers
- Utilize up to five interface ports simultaneously, including internal EasyLAN Wireless
- Magnetic QuickMount™ printhead for easy printhead installation
- User selectable printer language
- Double-clutching ribbon mechanism supports ribbons wound in either direction
Are you looking for more efficient processes, reduced costs, and increased production?
The Intermec EasyCoder PM4i is an industrial printer designed to excel in demanding applications and environments. Utilizing the latest technology, the Intermec PM4i features a strong and proven mechanical platform, and powerful newly developed electronics.
The Intermec EasyCoder PM4i printer acts as a “smart client” executing user-defined programs. This means your Intermec PM4i printer eliminates the personal computer, operates additional hardware (e.g. scanners, other printers, conveyors), accesses information from network host, and retains the ability to change as needed with the application for additional functionality. When using the EasyLAN™ Wireless option for the Intermec PM4i, any attached peripheral devices also become part of the wireless infrastructure.
Printer command languages do not restrict the Intermec EasyCoder PM4i bar code label printer. The printer can be changed to understand and replace competitive and older Intermec printers without requiring any changes to the host programming or label formats that are currently being used.
The Intermec EasyCoder PM4i includes integrated wired or wireless EasyLAN networking. The Intermec EasyLAN Wireless interface uses an integrated standard 802.11b radio. This radio provides 128-bit WEP encryption of the information relayed through the network. Intermec’s wired and wireless technology ensures secure printing and network infrastructure for all environments.
This is an extremely versatile bar code label printer. There are up to five interface ports that can be used simultaneously. The Intermec EasyCoder PM4i includes serial, parallel, USB, internal EasyLAN Ethernet, and EasyLAN Wireless. The magnetic QuickMount printhead eliminates hassles and the need to call a service technician. The printhead is replaced quickly and easily with the magnet and u-brackets ensuring proper alignment. The double-clutching ribbon mechanism means that you are no longer restricted to ribbon types based on how they are wound. The handy, inexpensive and PC-compatible Compact Flash memory technology provides quick and easy upgrades of firmware, fonts and memory.
The Intermec EasyCoder PM4i printer is exceptionally fast in throughput and printing, reliable, and delivers very high print quality.
Direct Thermal and Thermal Transfer label, ticket and tag printer.
LxHxW: 54.3 x 26.1 x 29.8 cm (21.38 x 10.28 x 11.73 in)
Weight: 13.5 kg (29.76 lbs.)
Max. Width: 104 mm (4.09 in) at 203 dpi; 105.7 mm (4.16 in) at 300 dpi.
Max. Length w/std memory: 2520 mm (99.2 in) at 203 dpi; 1092 mm (43.0 in) at 300 dpi.
Max. Length w/16MB SDRAM: 4095 mm (161.2 in) at 203 dpi; 2730 mm (107.5 in) at 300 dpi.
Up to 76 labels per minute. 101x152mm (4x6 in) GM1724 label. To learn more about print speed, please visit www.intermec.com/printspeed.
Prints smooth text, any size bar codes and graphics in all four orthogonal directions.
8 dots/mm (203 dpi); 11.8 dots/mm (300 dpi)
*300 dpi available for Fingerprint / DP protocols only
Max. Width: 114.3 mm (4.5 in)
Min. Width: 25.4 mm (1 in)
Thickness: 2.5 to 7 mil
Style: Roll-fed, die-cut, continuous or fanfold labels, tags or tickets
Label Roll max diameter: 213 mm (8.38 in)
Label Roll Core: 38-76 mm (1.5-3 in)
Media Type: Thermally sensitive media
Ribbon roll max diameter: 83 mm (3.27 in) or approx. 450 m (1475 ft) of ribbon
Ribbon Roll Core: 25 mm (1 in)
Ribbon Type: Wax, wax/resin, resin
- RS-232, up to 115.2 kB/s
- USB 1.1
- EasyLAN Internal Ethernet 100/10BaseT
- I2C-bus for cutter
- Wand interface for EasySet™ System
EasyLAN Wireless, internal 802.11b/g Wireless Ethernet
Optional interface card adapters (any 2 can be fitted simultaneously):
- Parallel IEEE 1284
- Industrial Interface (8 digital in/out, 4 analog relays, 1 RS232/422/485 port)
- Dual Serial ports RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 and 20mA Current Loop
EasyLAN Ethernet Network Interface:
Internal High Speed Ethernet
Ethernet: RJ-45 connector for 10baseT Ethernet or 100baseTX Fast Ethernet
Supported protocols: TCP/IP-suite (TCP, UDP, ICMP, IGMP, etc.), LPR/LPD, FTP, BOOTP, DHCP, HTTP, SNMP, SMTP.
SNMP-MIB II supported (over UDP/IP), private enterprise MIB included
- Fully integrated IEEE 802.11b
- WEP 128 bit
- Supports IEEE 802.1x (LEAP, PEAP, TTLS, WPA) security
- Multiple industrial antenna options for maximized coverage
Available printer command languages:
- Fingerprint/Direct Protocol
Applications/Drivers (comes on Printer Companion CD) including:
- InterDriver™ Windows printer driver
- Intermec LabelShop® START label design and print package
- Intermec Printer Network Manager for administration of network connected printers
- PrintSet for printer configuration
Optional software for application development:
- Fingerprint ApplicationBuilder
- Intermec Printer Application Server
- ERPLabel for SAP R/3
Bar Code Symbologies
1-dimensional: Codabar, Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, MSA (modified Plessey), Code 128, Code 128 Subset A-C, DUN-14/16, UPC/EAN Codes (EAN 8, EAN 13, UPC Version A, UPC Version E), EAN-128, EAN-128 Subset A-C*, Industrial 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5 A, Matrix 2 of 5*, Planet, Postnet, Straight 2 of 5*, UCC-128 Serial Shipping Container Code, RSS, HIBC Code 39 (IPL only), HIBC Code 128 (IPL only), JIS-ITF (IPL only)
2-dimensional: Code 16K, Code 49, Data Matrix, MaxiCode, PDF417, QR Code, MicroPDF417, EAN.UCC Composite
UPC/EAN Shipping Container; UCC/EAN 128 Serial Shipping Container; MH10.8 Shipping Label; AIAG (shipping parts label); LOGMARS; POSTNET; HIBCC; ISBT 128; GM1724; UPS shipping label; Global Transport label
Fingerprint/DP: 15 TrueType™ fonts including 12 UNICODE (1 WGL4), 1 symbol, 1 OCR-A, 1 OCR-B. All fonts are scalable. Font cache for maximum performance. ATF font support.
IPL firmware: 13 TrueType fonts and 20 bitmap fonts.
Non-Latin fonts are available as options.
Supports PCX file format.
1 Compact Flash slot
Additional FLASH memory up to 16MB (8+8)
1GB Compact Flash memory
XON/XOFF, ENQ/ACK, DTR, RTS/CTS
IPL: XON/XOFF, Intermec Std. Protocol
Back-lit LCD for 2x16 characters and 3 LED indicator lamps
Keypad Control Panel
- Full keypad control panel (Fingerprint/DP)
- Reduced keypad control panel (IPL)
115/230VAC auto-switch w/PFC
Voltage range: 90-264VAC.
Frequency Range: 45-65 MHz
Temperature: +5°- 40°C (+40°- 104°F)
Humidity: 20-80% RH non-condensing
Noise: 50 dB (printing), no noise standby
CE (EN55022 Class A), FCC Class A, UL, CSA, C-Tick
Integral Self-Strip unit with Liner Takeup, Label Taken Sensor (LTS), Compact Flash (CF) memory, Flash and SDRAM SIMM memory, Various International Double Byte Fonts, EasySet bar code Wand*, Keyboard Converter*, Parallel Interface board, Additional Serial Interface board, Industrial Interface board*, Real Time Clock*, Media supply hub, Cutter, Label low sensor
*Not applicable when using IPL firmware
- Product Brochure »
- EasyADC for Microsoft Great Plains Installation Guide »
- PM4i Mid-Range Printer Quick Start Guide »
User's Guides and Manuals