Portable Receipt Printers
Fast, Light, Economical
The Apex 2 is designed especially for those transaction applications where small size, fast printing and dependability while staying in budget are vital. The 7-Arm, 32 bit processor keeps pace with the printers that cost almost twice as much without compromising on features and functions. Delivering the key features and communication methods, the Apex 2 has the flexibility to meet the unique, industry-specific receipt printing and ease of use required to keep up with the mobile worker’s long and demanding shift.
The Apex 2 produces a receipt of 2.24" wide that presents your logo or text on a crisp, clean receipt whether the user needs wireless local area networking (WLAN) or wireless personal area networking (WPAN). An optional 3-track magnetic card reader allow for easy credit card payments. Generous flash and SRAM memory that are under direct user control allow the user to store logos, fonts, graphics and barcodes for fast adaptability to changing business requirements.
Lightweight and small: The Apex printers are light enough to wear all day, everyday and small enough that they don’t hinder movement.
• Fast: All features on the Apex printers are supported by a powerful Arm-7, 32-bit architecture RISC processor, making them as fast as printers costing almost twice as much.
• User Controlled Memory: All resident fonts and firmware are integrated into flash memory and are directly under your control.
• Easy to Use: Simplified LED lights indicate communication, charging and power status. Plus, easy drop-in paper loading and an external DC jack for easy charging.
• More for you Money: All Apex printers ship with a battery, power supply, belt clip (Apex 2 & 3) or shoulder strap (Apex 4) and sample media. They are also all equipped
with a wireless option and RS232 or USB communications.
• Options: IrDA or Bluetooth connectivity and 3 Track Magnetic Card Reader
• Compatibility: MS DOS and Windows compatible. Print utilities and drivers available for most systems.
• Graphics: Supports the printing of graphics, 1D and 2D bar codes.
• Endurance: High Capacity Li-Ion battery can last a full day of printing receipts on a single battery charge.
• Charging Options: AC Adaptor for inprinter battery charging (comes with printer), 10.6-30V vehicle charger, 2 Bay battery charger.
The Apex family offers a light weight and economical solution for 2", 3" and 4" portable receipt printing that meets your needs without sacrificing on quality and performance. With today’s tight budgets, the Apex series is an affordable way to meet the constantly changing requirements connected to field service, transportation, retail and law enforcement applications.
Designed with mobile workers in mind, Apex portable printers include a simple dropin paper system that allows users to quickly replace paper rolls and a high capacity battery with easy charging options. Its light weight and compact design allows the Apex series to be worn comfortably on the belt or with a shoulder strap during long 12 hour shifts. These user-friendly features mean you can go through your busy day knowing your Apex printer will keep up with you.
The affordable Apex series offers you what you need without the extras found in other products. The Apex series come standard with wireless communication, fast print speed, ample memory and fast processing power that lets it keep pace with printers costing twice as much. The Apex series is also available with an optional magnetic strip card reader and Bluetooth or IrDA wireless communication.
• Drop specification:
– 4 ft. (1.2 m)
• Operating temperatures: 14°F to 122°F (-10°C to 50°C)
• Storage temperatures: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)
• Charging temperatures: 41°F to 104°F (5°C to 40°C)
• Relative humidity range: 10% RH to 85% RH non-condensing
• ESD protection: 8kV air gap, 4kV contact
• Print head:
– Direct Thermal
– 203 dots per inch (8 dots per mm)
• Print mechanism speed:
– 2 inches per second (51 mm per second) on Apex 2 and 3
– 3 inches per second (76 mm per second) on Apex 4*
• Media type:
– Direct thermal receipt paper (standard, premium, heavy duty, long-life, image protect, hi-temp, and all weather).
– For optimum print quality and printer performance, use Certified Datamax-O’Neil supplies
• Serial: (Apex 2 and Apex 3 only)
– RS232, up to 115.2 kbps
– 2.0 (Apex 4 and Apex 3 only)
• Bluetooth (Class 1):
– Version 2.1
• IrDA: (option)
– IrLPT v1.0
– IrCOMM v1.0
• Linear: Codes 39, Code128 A/B/C, UCC/EAN-128, Interleaved2 of 5, UPC/EAN/JAN, Codabar, GSI Databar, Code 93
• 2D Symbologies: PDF417, QR Code
• Optional characters:
Simplified & Traditional Chinese, Hebrew, Arabic, Polish, Greek, Cyrillic, Thai, Vietnamese, Hagul (Korean)
Supports 8-bit graphic printing, custom font, logo downloading
• Standard fonts;
– ASCII, International, PC Line draw
– 12CPI, 16CPI, 19CPI, 21CPI, 24CPI,
• Configuration Utility includes:
– Firmware Upgrade
– Font Download
– Bluetooth® Set-up
– Communications Parameter set-up
– Printer Custom Attributes Set-up
– Logo Download
– Windows, CE and Desktop
• Form Fiesta Page Printing Utility
• Bluetooth or IrDA
• Integrated magnetic stripe card reader
Contact sales representative for the most current approval list
• Printer*: 1 year (including platen roller and installed options)
• Printhead*: 1 year or 1,000,000 inches whichever comes first
• Contact sales representative for extended warranty options