Rugged Redefined. Mobility without Compromise.
Designed to empower the worker who moves from the field to the vehicle to the office, the R12™ Platform includes a sleek and lightweight FHD 12.5” rugged tablet along with a wide array of thoughtfully designed accessories. All products in the R12 Platform were created by Motion to seamlessly and beautifully work together for incomparable efficiency and unbeatable productivity in public safety, construction and field service.
Lightweight and highly portable for the field, the 12.5” R12 tablet is also ideal for a desktop replacement. In addition to a desktop docking station, the Motion R12™ Platform includes a stylishly-stored wireless keyboard. The R12 Companion Keyboard includes an ultra-thin wireless keyboard and a foldable kickstand and when not in use, the keyboard and kickstand fold together and magnetically attach to the tablet providing a low profile way to transport and charge the device. Motion’s EasyPair™ technology allows the user to simply and securely pair the keyboard to the tablet automatically.
Motion’s SlateMate® data acquisition module can be configured with up to three I/O devices including a serial port, barcode scanner (BCS), and a high frequency RFID reader, ideal for field workers like a telco technician who require more flexibility from their devices. For the mobile professional who performs work both inside and outside of their vehicle, like a public safety worker, the Motion Secure Mobile Dock for vehicle installation improves driver safety as well as productivity. The dock is flexible enough to accept multiple docking configurations, such as the tablet with attached SlateMate module or the tablet in a carrying case.
Motion R12 Tablet PC Features Overview
- Unique rugged design with beveled shape, rounded edges and rubberized body
- At 2.9 lbs and 16.55 mm thin, it is elegant yet tough and powerful
- IP-54rated, MIL-STD-810G certified and 4-foot drop tested
- Brilliant outdoor viewable 12.5” Full HD Display with protective Gorilla Glass
- 4G LTEBroadband and 802.11 ac Wi-Fi make sharing files and streaming video fast and easy
- 8 MP rear camerawith automatic flash for low light image documentation
- SnapWorkscamera application designed for mobile workflows, quickly capture, annotate, and share images from the field
- Capacitive Dual Touch display for both touch and Digitizer Pen input
- Powerful 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors up to Core i7 with vPro™ technology
- Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 support for seamless enterprise application integration
- Enterprise readyend point security with biometric fingerprint reader, anti-theft software, and full disk encryption solution for data protection
- Thoughtfully designed family of accessories include EasyPair™ Companion Keyboard with integrated kickstand, Work Anywhere Kit Carrying Case, Desktop Dock, Secure Dock and SlateMate™ data acquisition module with integrated barcode reader and HF RFID reader.
Tough and good looking, the R12™ platform redefines the rugged experience by merging Motion’s core rugged engineering expertise with a fresh, elegant and aesthetic style. Motion R12™ is built to delight and empower the end-user while delivering investment protection & productivity gains to the business.
Designed to empower the worker who moves from the field- to the vehicle- to the office, the R12 platform includes a sleek and lightweight FHD 12.5” tablet along with a wide array of thoughtfully integrated accessories.
The R12 platform is designed and engineered with mobile workflows in mind. It is not just about the tablet, it is a suite of purpose-built features and accessories that are seamless integrated.
The Companion Keyboard is an ultra-thin wireless keyboard featuring innovative EasyPair™ technology. When not in use, the keyboard can be stored in the foldable kickstand and magnetically attached to the back of the tablet.
The Work Anywhere Kit carrying case provides alternative carry options and a place to store extra batteries while on the go. As the R12 is designed to keep users moving, the tablet can be docked with the Work Anywhere Kit attached. There is no need to remove the case before docking at your desk or vehicle or when swapping the battery.
The SlateMate® data acquisition module can be configured with up to three I/O devices, ideal for field workers like a telco technicians who require more flexibility from their devices.
For the mobile professionals who perform work both inside and outside of their vehicle, like a public safety worker, Motion Secure Mobile Vehicle Dock improves driver safety as well as productivity. The dock is thoughtfully designed to accept tablet with SlateMate module attached or the tablet in a carrying case.
While back to office, R12 is truly a desktop replacement. The Docking Station expands the utility of the R12 platform by enabling a full-featured desktop computing experience. It offers a full suite of I/O capabilities and can drive up to 2 external monitors.
The R12™ platform is ready to plug in to your enterprise environment. Running either Windows® 7 or Windows 8.1 operating system and 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor with vPro™ technology, it eliminates incremental software development, training, and integration costs.
With a suite of enterprise ready security features, such as biometric fingerprint reader, Trusted Platform Module, optional Absolute® Computrace® Complete theft prevention Software and WinMagic Full Disk Encryption software, you can be confident that your system and your data are secure
The R12 platforms are built to last. From the 12.5” full high definition display with Gorilla® Glass to the internal magnesium frame and non-slip surface the R12 was purposely built to optimize the total cost of ownership.
The R12 went through stringent tests specified according to the IP54 rating for dust and water ingress. All of this paired with a standard 3 year warranty mean you can rest assured that your system will be with you for the long run.
Processor / Cache
• Intel® Core™ i7 vPro™ processor
- 4610Y - 1.7 GHz to 2.9 GHz, 4M Cache, 2 cores (4 threads).
• Intel® Core™ i5 processor
- 4210Y - 1.5 GHz to 1.9 GHz, 3M Cache, 2 cores (4 threads).
• Windows® 8.1 Pro 64-bit
• Windows® 7 Professional 64-bit1
• IP54 (Water, dust and splash resistant)
• Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
• Magnesium-alloy internal frame
• Rubberized enclosure
• Intel QM87
• 12.5” Wide Viewing Angle Display
• Full-HD Resolution (1920 x 1080)
• Anti-Smudge + Anti-Reflective View Anywhere Display
• Capacitive 10-Point Touch
• Wacom Digital Pen Input
• Intel Display Power Saving Technology (DPST)
• Intel® HD Graphics 4200
• Intel® High Definition Audio
• Realtek® HD Codec
• 4 GB or 8 GB DDR3L 1600 MHz SDRAM memory
• 64 GB SSD
• 128 GB SSD
• 256 GB SSD
• Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth® 4.0
• Optional Internal Wireless (1 expansion slot)
- 4G LTE Mobile Broadband with GNSS (GPS + GLONASS)
- Sierra Wireless EM7355 (North America)
- Sierra Wireless EM7305 (Rest of World)
- GPS Module with SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS and MSAS)
- Navisys Technology GE-730 (u-blox 7)
• RealTek noise cancellation
• Multi-directional array microphone
- 3 microphones (2 front facing array mic’s and 1 rear facing mic)
• 2 Integrated speakers
• Docking connector
• USB 3.0 port
• Optional Serial Port via SlateMate® Module
• 3mm Audio I/O jack
• HDMI port
• SD Card Slot
• Micro-SIM Card Slot
• 8.0 Megapixel camera (rear-facing)
• 2.0 Megapixel camera (front-facing)
• Optional 1D/2D Barcode Reader via SlateMate®
• Optional 13.56 HF RFID with read/write capability
• 9 Axis MEMS sensor (Accelerometer, eCompass, Gyroscope)
with Ambient Light Sensor
• Integrated Fingerprint Reader
• TCG Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2
• Absolute® Computrace Complete (optional)
• WinMagic® SecureDoc™ (single-user license)
• 12.9” x 8.1” x .65” (328 mm x 205.74 mm x 17 mm)
• 2.95 lbs. (1.34 kg.)2
• Battery life over 9 hours3
• Hot swappable Lithium Ion Standard battery with 43WHr capacity
Battery Charge Time
• 2.5 hours (Tablet PC on/off)4
• 65W universal 3-pin jack
• 100-240V 1.5A, 50-60Hz
• 3 year standard coverage included
• Additional warranty options available
• ACPI 5.0 compliant
• UEFI BIOS
• SnapWorks™ by Motion® Camera App
• RFID Sample Reader
• Barcode Reader
• Motion/Softex OmniPass Security Software (Windows 7)
• Motion Dashboard (Windows 7)
• Know Your Motion Tablet (Windows 8.1)
• Pen and Touch Enabled BIOS Setup
• Infineon Security Platform Tools
• Motion Tablet Center (Windows 8.1)
• Microsoft Office - Trial Version (Windows 8.1)
MIL-STD-810G (4’ Drop, Altitude, Low/High Storage Temperature,
Low/High Operating Temperature, Temperature Shock, Rain,
Humidity, Sand and Dust, Vibration, Shock)
• UL/CSA 60950-1, 2nd Ed.
- PRODUCT SAFETY
• IEC/EN 60950-1:2006+A12:2011
• AS/NZS 60950-1, 2nd ED.
• LVD Directive 2006/95/EC
• NOM 019
• FCC OET 65 Supplement C
• CAN/CSA RSS-102
• ESTA EN50392
• California Proposition 65
• CeC Battery Charging Systems
• RoHS 2 Directive 2011/65/EU
• WEEE Directive 2002/96/EC
• Battery Waste Directive 2006/66/EC
• EN50564:2011 (Energy Consumption)
• NMX -1-122-NYCE-2006 (Mexico Energy Consumption)
• FCC Part 15 B, Class B
• FCC Part 15 C (2.4 GHz)
• FCC Part 15 E (5 GHz)
• FCC Part 22 H (1xRTT/EVDO0/EVDOA)
• FCC Part 24 E (1xRTT/EVDO0/EVDOA)
• FCC Part 27 (Wireless Communication Service)
• CAN/CSA ICES -003, Class B
• CAN/CSA RSS-210 Issue 7
• CAN/CSA RSS-132 (1xRTT/EVDO0/EVDOA)
• CAN/CSA RSS-133(1xRTT/EVDO0/EVDOA)
• EN55022 (CISPR 22), Class B
• EN55024 (CISPR 24)
• EN 60601-1-2 (Emissions MED)
• EN 61326 ((Immunity MED)
• ESTI EN 301-893
• ESTI EN 300-328
• ESTI EN 301-489-1
• ESTI EN 301-489-3
• ESTI EN 301-489-7
• ESTI EN 301-489-17
• ESTI EN 301-489-24
• ESTI EN 300-330
• ESTI EN 301-511
• ESTI EN 301-908
• AS/NZS 3548, Class B
• AS/NZS 4771
• AS/NZS 4268
• AS/ACIF S042.1 (WCDMA/HSDPA)
• AS/ACIF S042.3 (WCDMA/HSDPA)
• AS/ACIF S042.1 (GSM/EDGE)
• AS/ACIF S042.3 (GSM/EDGE)
• R&TTE Directive 1999/5/EC
• NOM 121
• Technical Instructions for Safe Transport of Dangerous Substances
• ICAO Doc# 9284
• Emergency Response Guidance for Aircraft incidents involving
Dangerous Goods ICAO Doc#9481