- The industry’s most advanced rugged mobile computer
- High performance communication and computing in a small and lightweight ruggedized design that is optimized for highly mobile field workers
- 3.75G wireless WAN technology supports both voice and high-speed uplink and downlink data exchange to help improve worker productivity
- Flexible Network™ radio lets you deploy a single hardware solution on the wireless network that offers the best geographic coverage and lowest cost
- Enhanced Mobile Document Imaging option enables users to capture high quality full-page document images while on their route to help streamline back office operations and improve cash flow
- Integrated digital compass and GPS radio provides instantaneous and real-time directional information to improve navigation for both pedestrian and vehicle-based applications
- Built-in accelerometer senses position of the device to trigger display rotation
- Standard features include both a high performance 3 MP color camera and a 1 MP area imager for responsive 1D and 2D barcode reading, and full-page document imaging
- Bluetooth® v2.1 EDR radio provides secure wireless connectivity to headsets, mobile printers and other Bluetooth compatible devices for simple and convenient connectivity
- Wi-Fi certified 802.11 radio enables fast and secure voice communications or end-of-day synchronization with your enterprise network
- Integrated cell phone provides high quality voice communications eliminating the need to carry a separate device
- Windows Mobile 6.1 operating system promotes ease of integration and intuitive use by developers and users
- Available in QWERTY or numeric keyboards
- Medallion Complete service provides protection against unbudgeted and rising repair costs
The Intermec CN50 is the only 3.75G wireless mobile computer that combines a small and light-weight form factor with a rugged design to deliver the most advanced, high performance voice and data communication solution specifically designed for the highly mobile field worker.
With the class leading capabilities of the CN50 in their mobile workers’ hands, enterprises can improve their business processes, expand their service offerings and reduce the cost and complexity of a field mobility solution.
As the first device in the industry to offer a 3.75G wireless WAN Flexible Network™ Radio, the CN50 allows enterprises to finally standardize on a single hardware platform that can be configured for either CDMA or UMTS wireless networks. This gives enterprises the flexibility to choose the network that provides the best geographic coverage and the lowest cost.
With a single hardware solution to deploy, enterprises can simplify application development, lessen verification complexity, reduce deployment costs, and dramatically lower overall cost-of-ownership. As your business needs change or coverage options evolve, the Flexible Network Radio can be reprovisioned to a different carrier network.
The CN50 has the latest 3.75G wireless WAN radio to deliver the fastest data and voice communications available on both CDMA and UMTS wireless networks. With high speed uplink packet access (HSUPA) technology, the CN50 provides fast and reliable data connectivity for uploading large documents, real-time images or synchronization with your enterprise data base. Compared with previous 2.5G radio technology, the CN50 provides improved productivity today, and allows enterprises to realize future benefits as the network capabilities continue to improve.
The CN50 features an optional imaging application called Intermec Enhanced Mobile Document Imaging (eMDI) which gives mobile workers a fast and reliable way to convert paper documents into electronic files. eMDI helps streamline back office operations and improves cash flow by reducing time-to-payment for services rendered because delivery confirmations can be imaged in the field and sent wirelessly to the home office. Customer service and other staff gain real-time access to document images, via the enterprise systems, which can be used to answer customer queries, issue invoices, and update records.
The CN50 is built on a unique multiprocessor architecture with dedicated ARM and DSP processors to deliver robust application processing with nearly instantaneous response, all at the lowest levels of power consumption. The standard battery is suitable for uninterrupted full shift use in most applications. For extreme-duty applications, the extended-life battery provides ample power to drive consistent, full-featured functionality without compromise to the compact and lightweight design.
The integrated digital compass provides a real-time indication of directional heading to enhance the functionality of the GPS radio. By improving the accuracy of the turn-by-turn directions, mobile workers are able to deliver better customer service and improve on-time delivery.
A built-in accelerometer allows the CN50 to rotate the display based on the orientation of the device, improving worker efficiency and the user experience during signature capture or similar operations. A bright 3.5” QVGA display provides exceptional viewing in full sunlight.
The CN50 features a Bluetooth® v2.1 EDR radio which provides secure wireless connectivity to headsets, Intermec mobile printers and other Bluetooth compatible devices for simple and convenient connectivity. The Wi-Fi certified 802.11 radio enables fast and secure voice communications or end-of-day synchronization with your enterprise network. With industry-leading cell phone technology at its core, the small and light-weight CN50 bridges the gap between a mobile computer and a traditional cell phone to provide high-quality voice communications without the expense of deploying and maintaining a separate device.
The no compromise design includes both a high performance 3 MP color camera with auto-focus and flash, and a dedicated 1 MP area imager for responsive 1D and 2D barcode reading, and full-page document imaging.
The industry standard platform in the CN50 includes Microsoft® Windows Mobile 6.1 which enables the device to integrate quickly and easily with existing systems and provides familiar operation for end users. Windows Mobile 6.1 provides integrated support for Systems Center Mobile Device Manager (SCMDM), allowing enterprise IT Managers to securely provision, configure, and deploy application software, device settings, and policies for populations of CN50 devices from the convenience of their management consoles.
Developers can access a comprehensive software toolkit through the Intermec Developer Library to simplify application development and shorten time to deployment.
Intermec SmartSystems™ software simplifies remote device management, by automatic staging, applying periodic system and software updates, as well as configuration changes, to keep on-going system maintenance costs low, and your CN50s performing in top condition.
The Intermec CN50 mobile computer is designed specifically for on-the-go field mobility customer service operations that need to be completed faster using only a single device that combines robust application processing, automated barcode data and document capture, digital camera functionality, and 3G wireless WAN voice and data communication in a rugged compact package necessary to achieve better customer service and bottom line results, now and in the future.
• Vehicle holder
• RAM mount
• Quad battery charger
• Four-bay multi-docks (charge only or charge and Ethernet)
• Desktop AC adapter/Comm adapter (with USB port)
• Vehicle power adapter
• 3.5”, 240 x 320 pixel (QVGA) trans-reflective TFT-LCD display
• 65,536 (16bit RGB) colors
• LED backlight
• Touch screen
Operating Temperature : -10 C to +50 C (14 F to +122 F)
Storage Temperature : -20 C to +70 C (-4 F to +158 F)
Humidity : Non-condensing, 95%
Drop Survival : 1.524m (5 ft) 26 drops per MIL-STD 810G
Environmental Protection : IP54
Electrostatic Discharge : +/- 15kV air discharge
+/- 8kV direct discharge
Numeric or QWERTY with backlit keypad
Memory and Storage
RAM Memory : 128 MB RAM
Flash ROM : 512 MB Flash (approx 350 MB free for user applications)
• Main Processor ARM 11 @ 528 MHz
• Radio Processor ARM 9 @ 528 MHz
Window Mobile 6.1
Dimensions with Extended battery pack : 15.4 x 7.4 x 2.8cm (6.05 x 2.93 x 1.09”)
Dimensions with standard battery pack : 15.4 x 7.4 x 2.8cm (6.05 x 2.93 x 1.09”)
• With standard battery 310gm (11 oz)
• With extended battery 340 gm (12 oz)
Standard Battery Pack : 3.7V, 1950 mAh
Extended Battery Pack : 3.7V, 3900 mAh
Battery Type/Supply : IEEE 1725 compliant, Li-Ion, removeable, rechargeable
User's Guides and Manuals