Compact and affordable mobile receipt printing for use with your smartphone or tablet device.
Accept payment and print receipts on the go from Zebra’s EM220II mobile printer using the latest smartphone and tablet devices.
The EM220II offers 802.11b/g wireless LAN capability for secure connections to existing networks and supports Bluetooth® 3.0 connectivity to all mobile device platforms including Apple® iOS, Android™, Windows® Mobile and BlackBerry®. Quickly and easily swipe credit cards, print 2-inch-wide receipts, and keep your customers happy with this lightweight, simple to operate mobile printer.
Designed for simplified integration into your existing point-of-sale (POS) system, the affordable EM220II is ideal for mobile POS operations using the common ESC/POS language. With a battery capable of lasting an entire shift, the EM220II ensures greater uptime and fewer printing interruptions to the fast check-out and great service your customers demand. Payment is accepted securely, with the card never leaving your customer's sight.
The printer is also compatible with sleds for barcode scanning from your iPod®, iPhone® or iPad®. With a variety of accessories and options, including a magnetic card reader, the EM220II mobile printer is the dependable choice for high-quality printing at an economical price.
Ideal for These Applications Retail & Hospitality / Mobile point of sale; simple receipt printing for events, amusement parks, concessions, restaurants
Transportation / On-board transportation ticketing
Field Service / Printing of documents, such as receipts for repairs or installations
The EM220II mobile printer lets you print receipts wherever your customers are via your smartphone or tablet device. Lightweight and unobtrusive, the EM220II lets users focus on their customers with simple operation and Zebra's well-known printer reliability.
Print receipts on demand with your smartphone or tablet device Retail
The EM220II is an economical and ideal choice for mobile POS applications. Complete a checkout transaction anywhere in the store by scanning items with a smartphone or tablet device, accepting credit card payment and printing a receipt with the EM220II.
You'll provide memorable customer service—and offer your customers peace of mind since the card never leaves their sight.
Offer the convenience and security of table-side payment in your restaurant. Sporting events, concert venues and theme parks see shorter lines and increased customer satisfaction with mobile payment and receipt printing.
Use the EM220II to accept credit cards for fast on-board ticketing on bus, rail or ferry lines.
Print a receipt or offer your customers documentation of services rendered, estimates, parts and warranty information, and service reminders.
• Direct thermal printing of barcodes, text and graphics
• ESC/POS programming language
• Resident fonts
• 200 MHz 32-bit ARM processor
• USB and Serial ports
• 1.2 AH Li-Ion battery
• Optical out of media sensing using fixed center position sensor
• Tear bar for easy receipt dispensing
• Supports vertical and horizontal printing
• Printer can be used in any orientation
• Fixed media roll width
• “Clamshell” design for easy media loading
• Multiple LEDs: battery status, connectivity
• 4’/1.2 m drop to concrete
• Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR
• Bluetooth printing from Apple (iOS 6, iOS 5),
Android and Windows devices
203 dpi/8 dots per mm
256 KB Flash memory supports downloadable programs, receipt formats, fonts and graphics
(128 KB Receive Buffer)
Maximum Print Width
Maximum Print Length
3.5"/90 mm per second
• Width: 3.13"/79.5 mm
• Height: 1.72"/43.6 mm
• Length: 4.99"/126.7 mm
• Weight: 0.51 lb/0.23 kg with battery
• Operating temperature: 5° F/-15° C to 122° F/50° C
• Storage environment: -22° F/-30° C to 158° F/70° C
• Operating humidity: 10% to 80% non-condensing
• Storage humidity: 10% to 90% non-condensing
• Emissions: FCC Part 15, Subpart B, EN55022
Class-B, EN60950, EN55024 and VCCI class B
• Susceptibility: EN55024, EN61000-4-2, EN61000-4-3, EN61000-4-4, and EN61000-4-5
• Safety: CE, UL, CB, CS
• International marks: NOM, C-Tick, iDA, Anatel, NTC
Communication and Interface Capabilities
• Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR
• Security modes 1-4
• Bluetooth printing from Apple (iOS 6, iOS 5), Android and Windows devices
• USB 1.1 Full Speed Interface (12 Mbps)
• Windows and WinCE SDK and Win PDA Utility (Win XP 32bit/64bit)/WEPOS 2003 and 2008 Server, Win7 Win 8, Vista
• Windows Driver: XP, WEPOS /2003and 2008 Server, Win 7, Win 8, Vista
• OPOS Driver: XP, WEPOS 2003 and 2008 Server, Win7 Win 8, Vista
• Android SDK and Utility (Android 2.2 and later)
• iOS SDK and Utility: iOS 3.13/ iPod Touch 2G and later
• Unified Mobile Utility: WinXP, WEPOS 2003 and 2008 Server, Vista, Win7, Win 8
• Net Configuration Tool
• Optional 802.11b/g wireless LAN with support for:
• WEP, WPA-PSK, EAP
• (802.1X )
Maximum Roll Size
1.57"/40 mm O.D.
Maximum Media Width
2.28" (+/- 0.2”)/58.0 mm (+/- 0.5 mm)
0.0024"/0.06 mm to 0.0039"/0.10 mm
Direct thermal receipt paper, or UV-coated media. For optimum print quality and printer performance, use genuine Zebra™ supplies.
Fonts and Character Sets
• Character size: Font A: 12×24; Font B: 9×17; Font C: 9×24; KOR, CHN: 24x24
• Characters per line: Font A: 32; Font B, C: 42; KOR, CHN: 16
• Character sets: Alphanumeric: 95; Expanded Graphics: 128×33 page; International: 32
Supports user-defined fonts and graphics—including custom logos
• Linear barcodes: EAN-8, EAN-13, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, ITF, Codabar, UPC-A, UPC-E
• Two-dimensional: PDF417, Data Matrix, MaxiCode, QR Code
Options and Accessories
• 802.11b/g with support for:
• WEP, WPA-PSK, EAP
• Linerless printing (with silicone platen roller only) through CAG (Custom Application Group) request
• 3-track Magnetic Card Reader for convenient transaction processing
• Spare Batteries (standard and with external contacts to be used with 4-Bay Docking Cradle)
• AC Adapter (included)
• 4-Bay Docking Cradle
• Single Bay Docking Cradle
• Single Battery Cradle
• Vehicle Charging Cable (with cigarette lighter adapter)
• Quad Battery Charger
• Belt Strap (included)
• Belt Clip (optional)
• Shoulder Strap
• Durability Enhancing Case (IP54)
• Vehicle Cradle
• USB Cable, Serial Cable
The EM220II has been tested with industry-leading applications to verify interoperability and improve overall optimization when used with validated terminals.
Zebra Independent Software Vendor (ISV) partners create industry-leading software solutions to solve business problems. Zebra works closely with these ISVs to integrate printing and other capabilities of Zebra products. Zebra-validated applications can be found at zebra.com/validation.
User's Guides and Manuals
- EM220II Mobile Printer Windows Driver Manual »
- EM220II OPOS Driver Setup Utility »
- EM220II Quad Charger Installation Guide »
- EM220II OPOS Driver Application Develop Guide MSR »
- EM220II Quad Cradle Installation Guide »
- EM220II Mobile Printer iOS SDK API Reference Guide »
- EM220II Mobile Printer Android Utility Manual »
- EM220II Mobile Printer User's Manual »
- EM220II Mobile Printer Code Pages Manual »
- EM220II Mobile Printer iOS Utility Manual »
- EM220II Mobile Printer Command Manual »
- EM220II Mobile Printer Net Configuration Tool »
- EM220II Mobile Printer Bluetooth Connection Manual »
- EM220II Mobile Printer Unified Mobile Utility Manual »
- EM220II Mobile Printer SDK API Reference Guide »
- EM220II OPOS Driver Application Develop Guide »
- EM220II OPOS Driver Installation Guide »