Gamma Solutions Introduces The Intermec CS40, Smart Phone Rugged Mobile Computer
Melbourne November 2010 – Gamma Solutions are proud to announce the Intermec CS40 the first rugged mobile computer with the size and styling of a smart phone. The Intermec CS40 provides the ultimate solution for mobile professionals that require high performance barcode scanning and mobile line of business applications. Unlike consumer grade smart phones that yield low performance and high failure rates when force-fit into line of business applications, the Intermec CS40 is built on Windows Embedded Handheld technologies including the Windows Mobile 6.5 platform and is designed for mobile professionals who need versatile and reliable access and acquisition of information in real-time, at the point of work.
The Intermec CS40 Mobile Computer enables an all-encompassing business process transformation for mobile workforces in pre-sales, merchandising, field service, long haul and truck load transportation. The new solution empowers workers with uncompromised efficiency, productivity, and uptime necessary to improve business processes and deliver a positive customer experience with:
- The ability to withstand multiple four foot drops to concrete on all corners and sides
- Protection against dust and liquid intrusion from any angle with IP54 rated sealing
- High performance 1D/2D barcode scanning through a true 2D imager
- Advanced 3.75G voice and data communications
- Three mega-pixel color camera
- Compatibility with the full line of Intermec mobile printers, SmartSystemsTM, accessories and peripherals
Gamma Solutions’ National Sales Manager Paul Pleming says “We are eagerly anticipating the first shipment of the Intermec CS40; it provides a new benchmark in form factor functionality and has the best scan engine available in this class of product. We believe the Intermec CS40 will provide tremendous value to our existing customers as well as take us into new and exciting markets”.