Aruba 200 Series Access Points Features
Multifunctional and affordable Aruba 200 series 802.11ac wireless APs maximize mobile device performance in medium-density enterprise Wi-Fi environments.
These compact and cost-effective dual-radio APs deliver wireless data rates of up to 867 Mbps to 5-GHz devices with 802.11ac technology leveraging two spatial MIMO streams while simultaneously supporting 2.4-GHz 802.11n clients with data rates of up to 300 Mbps.
The AP-205 and IAP-205 models feature four integrated omni-directional downtilt antennas, while the AP-204 and IAP-204 support external detachable dual-band antennas using two RP-SMA antenna connectors.
• Wi-Fi client optimization
- To eliminate sticky client behavior while users roam, 200 series APs feature patented ClientMatch technology, which continuously gathers session performance metrics from mobile devices.
- If a mobile device moves away from an AP or if RF interference impedes performance, ClientMatch automatically steers the device to a better AP.
• Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC)
- ACC lets WLANs perform at peak efficiency by minimizing interference from 3G/4G LTE networks, distributed antenna systems and commercial small cell/femtocell equipment.
• Quality of service for unified communication apps
- The 200 series APs support priority handling and policy enforcement for unified communication apps, including Microsoft Lync with encrypted videoconferencing, voice, chat and desktop sharing.
CHOOSE YOUR OPERATING MODE
The 200 series APs offer a choice of operating modes to meet your unique management and deployment requirements.
• Controller-managed AP or Remote AP (RAP) running ArubaOS.
When managed by Aruba Mobility Controllers, 200 series APs offer centralized configuration, data encryption, policy enforcement and network services, as well as distributed and centralized traffic forwarding. Please refer to the Aruba Mobility Controller data sheets for more details.
• Aruba Instant AP running InstantOS.
In Aruba Instant mode, a single AP automatically distributes the network configuration to other Instant APs in the WLAN. Simply power-up on Instant AP, configure it over the air, and plug in the other APs – the entire process takes about five minutes.
For large installations across multiple sites, the Aruba Activate™ service significantly reduces deployment time by automating device provisioning, firmware upgrades, and inventory management. With Aruba Activate, Instant APs are factory-shipped to any site and configure themselves when powered up.
If WLAN requirements change, a built-in migration path allows 200 series Instant APs to become part of a WLAN that is managed by a Mobility Controller.
Aruba 200 Series Access Points Specifications
AP-200 SERIES SPECIFICATIONS
•AP-205 and IAP-205
– 2.4-GHz (300 Mbps max rate) and 5-GHz (867 Mbps max rate) radios, each with 2×2 MIMO and four integrated omni-directional downtilt antennas.
•AP-204 and IAP-204
– 2.4-GHz (300 Mbps max rate) and 5-GHz (867 Mbps max rate) radios, each with 2×2 MIMO and two combined, diplexed external RP-SMA antenna connectors.
– Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) technology automatically assigns channel and power settings, provides airtime fairness and ensures that APs stay clear of all sources of RF interference to deliver reliable, high-performance WLANs.
– The 200 Series APs can be configured to provide part-time or dedicated air monitoring for spectrum analysis and wireless intrusion protection, VPN tunnels to extend remote locations to corporate resources, and wireless mesh connections where Ethernet drops are not available.
– Capable of part-time or dedicated air monitoring, the spectrum analyzer remotely scans the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands to identify sources of RF interference.
– With an OpenDNS service subscription, Aruba Instant RAPs deliver integrated web filtering, malware and botnet protection to every device connected to the WLAN.
– Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials and keys
– SecureJack-capable for secure tunneling of wired Ethernet traffic.
•Aruba Instant AP
•Mobility Controller-managed AP
•Remote AP (RAP) for branch deployments
•Air monitor (AM) for wireless IDS, rogue detection and containment
•Spectrum analyzer, dedicated or hybrid
•Secure enterprise mesh
WIRELESS RADIO SPECIFICATIONS
•AP type: Indoor, dual radio, 5-GHz 802.11ac and 2.4-GHz 802.11n 2×2:2
•Software-configurable dual radio supports 5 GHz (Radio 0) and 2.4 GHz (Radio 1)
•2×2 MIMO with two spatial streams and up to 867 Mbps wireless data rate
•Support for up to 255 associated client devices per radio, and up to 16 BSSIDs per radio
•Supported frequency bands (country-specific restrictions apply):
– 2.4000 GHz to 2.4835 GHz
– 5.150 to 5.250 GHz
– 5.250 to 5.350 GHz
– 5.470 to 5.725 GHz
– 5.725 to 5.850 GHz
•Available channels: Dependent on configured regulatory domain
•Dynamic frequency selection (DFS) optimizes the use of available RF spectrum
•Supported radio technologies:
– 802.11b: Direct-sequence spread-spectrum (DSSS)
– 802.11a/g/n/ac: Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM)
•Supported modulation types:
– 802.11b: BPSK, QPSK, CCK
– 802.11a/g/n/ac: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM
•Transmit power: Configurable in increments of 0.5 dBm
•Maximum (aggregate, conducted total) transmit power (limited by local regulatory requirements):
– 2.4-GHz band: +21 dBm (18 dBm per chain)
– 5-GHz band: +21 dBm (18 dBm per chain)
•Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC) minimizes interference from cellular networks
•Maximum ratio combining (MRC) for improved receiver performance
•Cyclic delay/shift diversity (CDD/CSD) for improved downlink RF performance
•Short guard interval for 20-MHz, 40-MHz and 80-MHz channels
•Space-time block coding (STBC) for increased range and improved reception
•Low-density parity check (LDPC) for high-efficiency error correction and increased throughput
•Transmit beamforming (TxBF) for increased reliability in signal delivery
•Supported data rates (Mbps):
– 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11
– 802.11a/g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54
– 802.11n: 6.5 to 300 (MCS0 to MCS15)
– 802.11ac: 6.5 to 867 (MCS0 to MCS9, NSS = 1 to 2)
•802.11n high-throughput (HT) support: HT 20/40
•802.11ac very high throughput (VHT) support: VHT 20/40/80
•802.11n/ac packet aggregation: A-MPDU, A-MSDU
•AP-204/IAP-204: Two RP-SMA connectors for external dual band antennas. Internal loss between radio interface and external antenna connectors (due to diplexing circuitry): 1.5 dB in 2.4 GHz and 3.0 dB in 5 GHz.
•AP-205/IAP-205: Four integrated downtilt omni-directional antennas for 2×2 MIMO with maximum antenna gain of 4.0 dBi in 2.4 GHz and 6.0 dBi in 5 GHz. Built-in antennas are optimized for horizontal ceiling mounted orientation of the AP. The downtilt angle for maximum gain is approximately 30 degrees.
•10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet network interface (RJ-45)
– Auto-sensing link speed and MDI/MDX
– 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
– PoE-PD: 48 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af PoE
• DC power interface, accepts 1.7/4.0-mm center-positive circular plug with 9.5-mm length
•Visual indicators (LEDs):
– Power/system status
– Ethernet link status (ENET)
– Radio status (two; RAD0, RAD1)
•Reset button: factory reset (during device power up)
•Serial console interface (RJ-45)
•Kensington security slot
•Maximum (worst-case) power consumption: 12.5 watts (PoE) or 11.7 watts (DC)
•Maximum (worst-case) power consumption in idle mode: 8.4 watts (PoE) or 7.7 watts (DC)
•Direct DC source: 12 Vdc nominal, +/- 5%
•Power over Ethernet (PoE): 48 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af-compliant source
•Power sources sold separately
•When both power sources are available, DC power takes priority
•Included with AP:
– Mounting brackets (2) for attaching to 9/16-inch or 15/16-inch T-bar drop-tile ceiling
•Spare mounting kit:
– AP-220-MNT-C1: Aruba AP mount kit contains two ceiling-grid rail adapters for flat rails
•Optional mounting kits:
– AP-220-MNT-C2: Aruba AP mount kit contains two ceiling-grid rail adapters for Interlude and Silhouette style rails
– AP-220-MNT-W1: Aruba AP mount kit contains one basic flat-surface wall/ceiling mount bracket
– AP-200-MNT-W2: Aruba AP mount kit contains one secure flat-surface wall/ceiling mount cradle
•Dimensions/weight (unit, excluding mount accessories):
– 150 mm x 150 mm x 41.5 mm (W x D x H)
– 380 g
– 190 mm x 187 mm x 57 mm (W x D x H)
– 550 g
– Temperature: 0° C to +40° C (+32° F to +104° F)
– Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
•Storage and transportation:
– Temperature: -40° C to +70° C (-40° F to +158° F)
•FCC/Industry of Canada
•R&TTE Directive 1995/5/EC
•Low Voltage Directive 72/23/EEC
•EN 300 328
•EN 301 489
•EN 301 893
•EN 60601-1-1 and EN 60601-1-2
For more country-specific regulatory information and approvals, please see your Aruba representative.
MTBF: 711,187 hours (81.2 years) at +25° C operating temperature
REGULATORY MODEL NUMBER
•AP-204 and IAP-204: APIN0204
•AP-205 and IAP-205: APIN0205
•CB Scheme Safety, cTUVus
•UL2043 plenum rating
•Wi-Fi Alliance (WFA) certified 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
•Aruba limited lifetime warranty
MINIMUM SOFTWARE VERSIONS
•Aruba InstantOS 18.104.22.168