Aruba AirWave Rapids FeaturesAirWave RAPIDS automatically detects and locates unauthorized access points (APs) through a patented combination of wireless and wired network scans.AirWave™ RAPIDS™ uses existing, authorized APs to scan the RF environment for any unauthorized devices in range. It also monitors your wired network to determine if the wirelessly detected rogues are physically connected to the local network, and scans for additional unauthorized devices in areas without wireless coverage. In addition, RAPIDS captures and manages IDS events detected by wireless LAN controllers. RAPIDS then correlates all of this data and uses a set of customizable rules to highlight those devices that are truly a threat to the organization, greatly reducing false-positives and allowing you to work more efficiently.Enabled in RAPIDS works in conjunction with the Aruba controller WIP module to offer customers a comprehensive Wireless Intrusion Protection Solution (WIPS), with either a “hybrid” architecture where Aruba APs serve as both APs and sensors or an overlay architecture. The solution improves network security, manages compliance requirements, and reduces the cost of manual security efforts.What’s Unique About RAPIDS?
- Patented combination of wireless and wired network scans
- Ability to leverage existing infrastructure for detection reduces capital and operating expenses
- Visibility into network management system prevents authorized APs from being classified as rogues
- Tracking and correlation of IDS events provides a full picture of network security
- Rules-based threat classification reduces false-positives and lets your security team focus on the most significant threats first
- Pre-defined, customizable reports address common security and compliance information needs, such as rogue device tracking and PCI compliance
- Automated and manual containment reduces security risks