Cisco Aironet 1530 Series Outdoor Access Point Features
Sleek, Innovative, Flexible, Proven
As carrier-grade Wi-Fi becomes a critical small-cell element in nextgeneration mobile networks, operators are requesting new access point designs that can pack a punch in a small form factor. The Cisco® Aironet® 1530 Series Outdoor Access Points incorporate a low-profile design that is aesthetically pleasing, yet they can withstand the most rugged outdoor conditions. Cisco brings engineering innovation to the platform with unique Cisco Flexible Antenna Port technology that allows the same antenna ports to be used either for dual-band antennas to reduce the antenna footprint or for single-band antennas to optimize radio coverage. This flexibility allows antenna changes to be made on the fly, and saves on sparing costs. And the Cisco Aironet 1530 Series brings all the same robust WiFi features that operators have come to expect from Cisco, including radio resource management, BandSelect to automatically take advantage of the 5-GHz band, and VideoStream for high-quality video performance over Wi-Fi. Only Cisco delivers all of these features in a hardened outdoor access point that is ideal for any urban setting.
Compact, Place-Anywhere Design
Enterprise customers are also looking to expand their wireless coverage and provide seamless network access from indoor to outdoor areas. The Cisco Aironet 1530 Series Outdoor Access Points are small enough and light enough to be unobtrusively mounted on street light poles or building facades. The integrated antenna version is just 9 x 7 x 4 inches (23 x 17 x 10 cm) and weighs 5 pounds (2.3 kg). A solar shield/cover option is also available, and can be painted to match its surroundings to allow the access point to be even less noticeable (Figure 1).
Innovative, Integrated, and External Antenna Options
The Cisco Aironet 1530I Outdoor Access Point includes a dual-band, integrated antenna radome. This antenna has three omnidirectional antenna elements with antenna gains of 3 dBi (2.4 GHz) and 5 dBi (5 GHz).
The innovatively designed Cisco Aironet 1530E Outdoor Access Point is designed with antenna Cisco Flexible Antenna Port technology, which can support either dual-band or single-band antennas on the same platform and is configurable via software. When configured for dual-band ports, the Aironet 1530E uses the bottom two antenna ports to connect to dual-band omnidirectional or directional antennas. Alternatively, and for additional radio coverage flexibility, the Aironet 1530E can be software-configured, enabling two separate 2.4-GHz and two 5-GHz antenna ports (Figure 2). This flexibility allows customers to use high-gain directional antennas for backhaul on 5 GHz while deploying omnidirectional antennas for access on 2.4 GHz. Refer to the Cisco Aironet 1530 Series Ordering Guide for the latest information on supported antennas.
The Cisco Aironet 1530 Series Outdoor Access Points offer a flexible, highly secure, and scalable platform that can be deployed as part of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network or as a standalone, autonomous solution. The Cisco Aironet 1530 Series provides high-performance device access through improved radio sensitivity and range with 802.11a/b/g/n multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology, with two or three spatial streams and up to 300-Mbps data rates.
The Aironet 1530 Series can be deployed in the following configurations:
• Access point: Either in controller-based or standalone operation, provides Wi-Fi connectivity concurrently to clients on both 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radios.
• Mesh network: as dedicated backhaul or universal access, the 5-GHz radio is used for wireless network connections to adjacent mesh nodes.
• Bridging: Provides point-to-point, high-capacity data links, as well as point-to-multipoint bridging for campuses.
• Workgroup bridge: Enables LAN mobility, such as on a vehicle.
• Serial backhaul: Extends linear mesh with two colocated Aironet 1530 Series access points connected via the LAN port
Centrally Managed Network
Central management and troubleshooting of the Cisco outdoor wireless access points help prevent costly maintenance service calls to outdoor locations. Cisco Prime™ Infrastructure works in conjunction with the Cisco Aironet access points and Cisco wireless LAN controllers to configure and manage the wireless networks. With Cisco Prime Infrastructure, network administrators have a single solution for RF prediction, policy provisioning, network optimization, troubleshooting, security monitoring, and wireless LAN system management. Wireless network security is also a part of a unified wired and wireless solution. Cisco wireless network security offers the highest level of network security, helping ensure that data remains private and secure and that the network is protected from unauthorized access.
Compact Outdoor Wireless
• Most compact carrier-grade outdoor access point/mesh/bridge: 186 cubic in (3.0 liter), 5 lb (2.3 kg)
• 2.4- and 5-GHz radios (802.11b/g/n, 802.11a/n)
• 802.11n range and performance with MIMO technology
• Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 WAN and LAN ports
• Controller-based or autonomous operation
• Powered via PoE or separate DC input
• IP67 enclosure with operating temperature range of -22° to 149°F (-30° to +65°C)
Cisco Aironet 1530I
• Integrated antennas
• 2.4 GHz: 3x3 MIMO, 3 spatial streams
• 5 GHz: 2x3 MIMO, 2 spatial streams
• Ultra low profile
Cisco Aironet 1530E
• External antennas
• 2.4 and 5 GHz: 2x2 MIMO, 2 spatial streams
• Supports dual-band or single-band antennas
• Versatile RF coverage with external antennas