Cisco Aironet Client Adapters Features
Cisco® Aironet® 802.11a/b/g Wireless PCI Adapter provides high-performance 54-Mbps connectivity in the 2.4- and 5-GHz bands.
Whether configured to support single 802.11b coverage, single 802.11g coverage, single 802.11a coverage, dual-mode 802.11a/g coverage, or trimode 802.11a/b/g coverage, the Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g Wireless PCI Adapter is Wi-Fi® compliant and combines the freedom of wireless connectivity with 802.11i/ Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2) encryption for the performance, security, and manageability that businesses require.
The low-profile form factor and two-meter cable length provide significant flexibility for installation in low-profile devices, such as slim desktops and point-of-sale (POS) devices. For versatility, both a low profile and a standard profile bracket frame are included with the adapter. The attached dual-band, 2.4/5-GHz, 1-dBi effective gain antenna has a two-meter cable that enables optimal placement for maximum performance.
Cisco Wireless Secutity Suite
Enhanced Client Network Management Features
Cisco LEAP Single Sign-on
Cisco Wireless Domain Services (WDS)
Enterprise-Class Security Solution
Designed with enterprise-class security requirements in mind, the Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g Wireless PCI Adapter uses the 802.1X standard for port-based network access. A full array of Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) types for user-based authentication, together with enterprise caliber Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption, provide full 802.11i support. The adapter supports WPA2—the Wi-Fi Alliance certification for interoperable, standards-based wireless LAN security.
The Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g Wireless PCI Adapter supports the most common 802.1X authentication types, including EAP-Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling (EAP-FAST), Cisco LEAP, EAP-Transport Layer Security (EAP-TLS), Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol-Generic Token Card (PEAP-GTC), and PEAP-Microsoft Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol version 2 (PEAP-MSCHAPv2). A wide selection of RADIUS servers, such as the Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS) and Cisco Access Registrar server, can be used for enterprise-class centralized user management that includes:
- Strong, mutual authentication to help ensure that only legitimate clients associate with legitimate and authorized network RADIUS servers via authorized access points
- Dynamic per-user, per-session encryption keys that automatically change on a configurable basis to protect the privacy of transmitted data
- Stronger encryption keys provided by Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) enhancements such as message integrity check (MIC), per-packet keys via initialization vector hashing, and broadcast key rotation
- RADIUS accounting records for all authentication attempts
- IEEE 802.11i/WPA2 AES support