Datamax Andes 3 Portable Receipt Printers Features
Lightweight, Compact, Sturdy
The Datamax-O’Neil Andes 3 printer was designed for the rough and tumble environment of the mobile field worker. Rugged, lightweight and easy to use, the Andes 3 is the perfect choice for companies who need a durable printer at an affordable price. The Andes 3 is lightweight and compact with all the features and options necessary to keep pace with today’s changing requirements in field service, law enforcement, retail, hospitality and route accounting applications. The Andes 3 can be worn comfortably all day with a shoulder strap or swivel belt loop. Its large paper capacity and easy “drop-in” paper loading means less downtime and higher efficiency. The Andes 3 is powered by a high-capacity, long lasting Lithium-Ion battery that lasts through an 8 – 10 hour shift. The ARM7™ 32-bit processor allows receipts to print quickly with ample memory for logos, graphics, fonts and barcodes.
The affordable Andes 3 comes equipped with RS232, IrDA, USB, and Bluetooth as well as a universal AC adaptor, shoulder strap, battery, spare paper roll and includes a one year warranty (including printhead). Options include 802.11b/g, 3-Track magnetic card reader as well as a variety of accessories. With its low price point, the Andes 3 offers the options and features of higher priced products without compromising on quality and strength.
Ruggedness and affordability –
The Andes 3 is a proven design that has earned a reputation for durability in applications around the world. With its affordable pricing, the Andes 3 offers companies the options and features of higher priced printers without compromising on quality and performance.
Features at a Glance
• Rugged Design – The durable Andes 3 has a flame retardant heavy-duty housing that is UV-resistant and comes with side and corner over-molding to withstand multiple drops to 4 feet (1.2 meters).
• Affordable – Standard features and accessories included with the Andes 3:
RS232, IrDA, USB, Bluetooth, battery, AC adaptor, shoulder strap and a one year warranty.
• Fast Printing – All features supported by the Andes 3 are managed by an ARM7™ 32-bit processor ensuring fast print speeds of up to 3" (76mm) per second.
• User Controlled Memory – All resident fonts and firmware are integrated into the processor’s memory leaving 4MB Flash available to store custom configurations, logos and fonts.
• Easy to Use – LED lights provide status for power, communication, battery charging, card reader (optional) and error conditions. With a simple “dropin” paper load system that allows for quick paper roll replacement, the Andes 3 holds a paper roll of up to 130ft (40m). Transparent door windows let you see when the paper roll is running low.
• Options – 802.11b/g and magnetic card reader.
• Endurance – A high-capacity Lithium?Ion battery lasts a full shift on a single charge.
• Flexible – Supports the printing of custom graphics, logos, fonts, 1D barcodes and 2D symbologies.
• Charging Options – Standard: AC adaptor included with printer.
Optional: vehicle charger, vehicle mount and external 2-Bay battery charger.
Datamax Andes 3 Portable Receipt Printers Specifications
– 6.9″ L x 4.8″ W x 3.5″ H (175 x 123 x 86 mm)
– Printer with battery: 23 oz (0.779 kg)
– Printer with battery & paper roll: 33.6 oz (0.953 kg)
• Drop specifications: 4 ft. (1.2 m)
• IP54 (excluding paper roll)
• Operating Temperature: 14° to 122°F (-10° to 50°C)
• Storage temperatures:
-4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)
• Charging temperatures:
41° to 104°F (5° to 40°C)
• Relative humidity range:
10% RH to 85% RH non-condensing
• ESD Protection:
8kV Air/ 4kV Contact
– Direct Thermal
– 203 dots per inch (8 dots per mm)
• Print mechanism speed:
– 3 inches per second (76 mm per second)
• Print width:
– 2.83″ (72 mm)
• Media Type:
– Direct thermal receipt paper (standard, premium, heavy duty, long-life, image protect, hi-temp, and all weather)
– For optimum print quality and printer performance, use Certified Datamax-O’Neil supplies
• Paper Width:
– 3.09” (78 mm)
• Max Roll Size:
– 2.20″ (55.8 mm) maximum roll O.D.
• Max Media Thickness:
– 6 mil
• Media I.D. Core:
– 0.4″ (10.16 mm)
– RS232, up to 115.2 kbps
– 57.6 kbps
– 2.0 (client)
– Version 2.0
• 802.11 b/g: (optional)
– Network standard: IEEE 802.11 b/g
– Wireless access modes: Infrastructure and ad-hoc
– Security Protocols:
– 2MB RAM / 4MB Flash
• Linear: Codes 39, Code128 A/B/C, Interleaved2 of 5, UPC/EAN/JAN and Codabar
• 2D Symbologies: PDF417
• Optional characters: Simplified & Traditional
Chinese, Hebrew, Arabic, Polish, Greek, Cyrillic
• Graphics: Supports 8-bit graphic printing, custom font, logo downloading
• Standard fonts:
– ASCII, International, PC Line draw
– 12CPI, 16CPI, 19CPI, 21CPI, 24CPI,13CPI rotated
– (1) 7.4V Lithium-Ion, 2200 mAh
• DC Input (for charging only):
– External DC jack, 10V, built-in spike and surge protection
– Serial: prints approx. 969 – 6″ receipts
– Bluetooth: prints approx. 936 – 6″ receipts
– 3 hours from AC adapter or cigarette Adapter
• Configuration Utility includes:
– Font Download
– Bluetooth® Set-up
– Wi-Fi Set-Up
– Communications Parameter set-up
– Printer Custom Attributes Set-up
– Logo Download
– Windows® XP/Vista/7
• Form Fiesta Page Printing Utility
• 802.11 b/g
• Integrated magnetic strip card reader
Andes 3 comes complete with Shoulder Strap, Battery, Universal AC Adapter and 1 Roll of Media.
• Replacement Battery – Li-Ion 7.4V 2200 mAh
• Belt Loop System or Shoulder Strap System
– Carry the printer comfortably either on your belt or on the shoulder
• Cigarette Lighter Adapter – Allows the printer fto be charged rom the vehicle cigarette lighter
• USB Cable – USB data cable with gold plated contacts
• Battery Charger – 2 Bay battery charger for charging Li-Ion batteries (batteries not included)
• Cleaning Cards – Use of clean card is recommended to extend the life of the printhead
Contact sales representative for the most current approval list
• Printer*: 1 year (including platen roller and installed options)
• Printhead*: 1 year or 1,000,000 inches whichever comes first
• Contact sales representative for extended warranty options