NiceLabel PocketSDK Features
The NiceLabel PocketSDK (software development kit) enables software publishers to integrate professional bar code and RFID smart label printing into their mobile software product.
NiceLabel PocketSDK has all of the label design functionality of NiceLabel Pro and includes deployment rights for the easy-to-distribute Pocket NiceLabel Engine that is embedded in the software publisher's application for Windows Mobile devices.
The NiceLabel PocketSDK offers the following benefits:
- A powerful printing engine for thermal label printers (adding a missing printing support to Windows mobile platform)
- Print labels of almost any complexity (including bar codes and RFID)
- Easy integration and deployment without much of a learning curve
The Print Button of Your Mobile Application
Pocket NiceLabel Engine is the perfect bolt-on label printing engine for any mobile application:
- No need to learn an individual native printer language (unique printer code)
- No need to write an embedded printer code or communicate with the mobile operating system's I/O
- Deploy one interface for your mobile label printing application that offers the flexibility to print to more than 1300 thermal printers
Ease of Deployment
Pocket NiceLabel Engine is a set of Microsoft.NET Compact Framework Assemblies that expose programmatic interfaces to 3rd party applications. The .NET Assembly interfaces include the same mobile label printing components as Pocket NiceLabel. With the NiceLabel PocketSDK, there is no need to manually code label templates in the thermal printer’s native language. The NiceLabel desktop label designer enables graphical design of your label template. Simply export the label for the mobile computer and let NiceLabel generate the native printer code.
Ease of Integration
Easy integration of NiceLabel bar code and RFID smart label printing into your Web application:
1. NiceLabel PocketSDK adds a reference to the NiceLabel print engine in your development project.
2. When you compile the project for deployment, the NiceLabel PocketSDK runtime Assemblies are seamlessly added to your installer.
3. Simply install the main application on the target device and label printing is installed automatically.
4. NiceLabel PocketSDK enables mobile applications to control label printing functions to thermal label printers. Your application never communicates with the input/output ports on the mobile computer.
Simple, standardized API calls to the NiceLabel Pocket Engine allow the mobile application to print to a thermal label printer via TCP/IP, Bluetooth and COM (serial) ports.
Distributed (Print Server) Label Printing (Label printing through NiceWatch print server (integration middleware, part of NiceLabel Suite))
In addition to printing to a thermal printer directly, NiceLabel PocketSDK supports the distributed (print server) printing method. The print engine creates a .JOB file with specific label printing instructions that are sent to a server where NiceWatch is running.
The NiceWatch integration middleware module executes the instructions from the .JOB file and enables label printing to any printer on your network, including office printers. The NiceLabel PocketSDK becomes a mobile client to the NiceWatch centralized Print Server.
NiceLabel PocketSDK Components Tight integration with easy-to-use tool set
NiceLabel PocketSDK components include a CD-ROM, hardware key, documentation and print engine software key.
• NiceLabel PocketSDK distribution: Specific files to install and run Pocket NiceLabel Engine embedded within another application or system. Distribution rights are determined by the included license agreement.
• NiceLabel Pro: The advanced label designer for professional bar code and RFID labeling.
• Documentation: Pocket NiceLabel Programming Guide, NiceLabel PocketSDK User Guide.
• Support package: Programming components and samples for mobile application developers.
Licensing | Choose between unit based and unlimited engine licensing
• Unit based licensing: Pocket NiceLabel Engine is activated with a software key supplied by software vendor.
• Unlimited licensing model: The developer purchases annual distribution rights. No client activation is necessary.
NiceLabel PocketSDK is the right tool for integrating bar code and RFID label design and printing with thermal printer support into 3rd party software applications for Windows Mobile devices.