Panasonic Toughpad FZ-M1 Features
The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-M1 is the world’s thinnest and lightest rugged 7-inch Windows tablet, built to enable mission-critical mobile worker productivity without compromise. Powered by Windows 8.1 Pro and a 4th generation Intel Core i5 vPro processor, the Toughpad FZ-M1 offers the broadest range of configuration options available in its class for maximum flexibility. Its fully-rugged, sealed design is certified to meet MIL-STD-810G and IP65 specifications for resistance to drops up to 5 feet, water, dust, and other elements. With a long-life, user-replaceable battery and sunlight-readable, high-sensitivity multi-touch screen for use with heavy gloves, Gamma Solutions’s Toughpad FZ-M1 is the ideal tool for today’s mobile workforce.
INTRODUCING THE WORLD’S FIRST FULLY-RUGGED 7″ WINDOWS® 8 TABLET WITH AN INTEL® CORE™ i5 VPRO™ PROCESSOR.
All the Power in a Compact Design
Meet the uncompromising Toughpad™ FZ-M1—the world’s first 7″ Intel® Core™ fanless tablet. The FZ-M1 delivers the power of a PC in the palm of your hand with a high performance processor in a small and thin form factor, for the ability to run a full Windows® 8.1 Pro (or optional Windows 7) anytime, anywhere. By utilizing a 4th generation Intel® Core™ i5 vPro™ processor, the Toughpad FZ-M1 is perfect for heavy processing and database work.
Fully-rugged Design That Moves with You
Measuring in at 1.2 lbs. and only 0.7″ thin, the Toughpad FZ-M1 is light and compact enough to fit in your cargo pocket. It can also stand up to nearly any environment with a fully-rugged MIL-STD-810G (5′ drop) and all-weather IP65 dust and water-resistant design.
Expandability to Meet Your Needs
With optional packages to choose from consisting of 12 different combinations from 7 available options (NFC, Ethernet, serial, SmartCard, magnetic stripe reader,barcode reader and UHF RFID reader configurations), the Toughpad FZ-M1 allows you to create the ultimate mobile solution to fit your business.
Longer Battery Life
Equipped with a user-replaceable battery delivering 8 hours of uninterrupted work, the FZ-M1 has an optional bridge battery to switch batteries without powering down, as well as a long life battery, delivering 16 hours of power. The Toughpad FZ-M1 operates all day without forcing you to log off of your network to change batteries. Plus, a quick battery charge allows for a 50% charge in just 1 hour.
The Enterprise-grade Tablet for the True Mobile Worker
The Toughpad FZ-M1 tablet is equipped with enterprise-grade features that allow the flexibility to complete tasks efficiently and accurately. It is built for easy integration into existing IT infrastructures and for smooth deployments and ongoing support. The FZ-M1 also delivers organizations with better and longer life cycle management, which means a lower total cost of ownership, saving time and resources.
7″ Toughpad FZ-M1 Windows® 8 Tablet
The Toughpad FZ-M1 provides the power, flexibility and durability for maximum mobile workforce productivity.
- 4th generation Intel® Core™ i5 vPro™ processor
- MIL-STD-810G, 5′ drop and all-weather IP65 dust and water-resistant design
- User-replaceable battery, optional bridge battery and long life battery
- USB 3.0, NFC, Ethernet, serial, SmartCard, magnetic stripe reader, barcode readerand UHF RFID reader configurations
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®
- Optional dedicated GPS and 4G LTE multi carrier mobile broadbandwith satellite GPS
- Optional 5MP camera with auto focus and LED light
- Ultra high-sensitive touchscreen technology
- Chemical resistant with a hazardous locations Class I Division 2certification for incendiary environments
- Configuration area for expandability options
The Competitive Advantage1
Panasonic is unrivaled in tablet technology, with years of experience designing, building and testing fully-rugged tablet solutions. The Toughpad FZ-M1 is just another example of the newest member of the Toughpad lineup:
- The thinnest and lightest rugged 7″ tablet on the market at only 1.2 lbs.
- Twice the available battery capacity of any competitor + hot swap capability
- Twice the storage capacity of any rugged competitor, offering up to256GB SSD and 8GB RAM
- The broadest available options of any competitor, including a UHF RFIDwith up to 10′ read range
- Supports the latest wireless technologies like 802.11a/b/g/n/ac,Bluetooth® v4.0 and NFC
- The highest resolution cameras available on any Microsoft Windows® tablet
- More certifications than most competitors, including MIL-STD-810G andISO ANSI/ISA 12.12.01 Class I Division 22
- The latest display technology of any rugged competitor, offering an IPS display and the highest resolution
- New display technology supports industrial-type gloves, even without the need for special gloves
A VERSATILE MOBILE SOLUTION ACROSS MULTIPLE MARKETS
From the power to run a full suite of Windows applications, to the ability to operate all day without logging off to replace your battery, the Toughpad™ FZ-M1was designed to create solutions to solve the problems and issues frontline mobile workers face every day.
The Toughpad FZ-M1 is ideal for the retail floor as it provides very long battery life for applications, such as checking inventory and line busting. It allowssales associates to provide fast and easy price and inventory checks without leaving the customer’s side, and it provides retail management capabilities formore accurate day-to-day tasks.
- Customer Service
- Inventory Management
- Mobile POS/Queue Busting
- B2B and B2C Platform Integration
Fully-rugged with a MIL-STD-810G, 5′ drop and all-weather IP65 dust and water-resistant design, the Toughpad FZ-M1 can stand up to nearly any environment while also providing the flexibility to fit in your pocket. Field service workers can order parts, perform maintenance and repairs, and access critical information nomatter what the field conditions. Plus, with an ultra-sensitive touchscreen, field service operators can easily operate the device even when wearing thick gloves.
Field Service Applications
- Customer Service
- Customer and Asset Management
- Inventory Management
Supply Chain Management
Offering the processing power of a 4th generation Intel® Core™ i5 vPro™ processor, the Toughpad FZ-M1 gives supply chain workers the ability to carry the power of a PC in the palm of their hand. With the ability to run full Windows applications, you can easily, efficiently and effectively check inventory and delivery status, whether on the road or in the warehouse.
Supply Chain Applications
- Customer Service
- Work Order Management
- Pickup and Delivery
The Toughpad FZ-M1 is chemical resistant with a hazardous locations Class I Division 2 certification forincendiary environments, making it an ideal mobile solution for healthcare workers. Improve the efficiencyof your entire facility—when making rounds and checking a patient’s record at bedside—without worryingabout the drops and spills that happen in the healthcare environment.
- Patient Care
- Customer Service
- Medication Administration
- Chart/Record Management
- Pharmaceutical Labs
TOUGHPAD FZ-M1 ACCESSORIES
Panasonic and its partners design a wide assortment of accessories including cradles, printers and adapters, to expand and enhance Toughpad™ capabilities. Please see the Toughpad FZ-M1 Accessories Brochure for more detailed information.
- AC ADAPTER
- STANDARD BATTERY PACK
- LONG LIFE BATTERY PACK
- MULTI-BATTERY CHARGER
- BATTERY CHARGER
- OPTIONAL STANDARD HAND STRAP
- OPTIONAL ROTATING HAND STRAP
- CAPACITIVE STYLUS PEN
- DESKTOP CRADLE
- LITE-FUNCTION CRADLE
- REPLACEMENT PROTECTION FILM
BUSINESS CLASS SUPPORT
Panasonic business class support ensures expert service and minimal repair time over the life of your Toughpad product.
- Long-term product life cycle management – Product serviceable over a 3 to 5-year life cycle – The same form factor will be available to you for longer than typical consumer devices – All parts will be applicable for all model upgrades for up to 5 years
- 24/7 service and technical support from a US-based help desk with hold times of less than 60 seconds (1.800.662.3537 then press 2 for technical support)
- Industry-benchmark turnaround time on repairs average less than 2 days
- 3-year limited international warranty on Toughpad tablets (compared to the 1-year warranty offered by most commercial-grade tablet manufacturers)
- In-warranty repair with no charge for shipping to and from our National Service Center
- Website support, including Internet chat, web portal, FAQs and manuals
- Extended warranty and battery warranty replacement program options
- Toughpad Protection Plus program option for accidental damage coverage
- Hot-swap program option for next-day swap replacement