Motorola 8515 Compact Vehicle Mount Computer Features
Warehouses and ports. Manufacturing plants and airports. Think tight deadlines and even tighter spaces – especially on the forklifts and trucks themselves. Fixing a bulky computer to these just isn’t an option. Unless it’s the compact 8515. This rugged, lightweight vehicle mount computer gives you all the intelligence and connectivity you need in a very small package…
Features & Benefits
Keeping it tidy
The 8515 works hard and keeps its head down. It never breaks the forklift operators’ line of sight. And it never compromises durability or performance. It boasts a razor-sharp, 640 x 480 full-screen VGA color display that supports a huge range of applications. And you can read the bright, touch-sensitive display in almost all lighting.
The Windows®-based 8515 is crammed to the hilt with technology. It features an XScale® processor, together with WiFi and Bluetooth® connectivity.
If you want to plug in the peripherals, take your pick. It comes with two USB host ports and one RS232 serial port. So it’s more than ready for your bar code scanners, printers and RFID readers.
And it’s packing a full PC-style alphanumeric keyboard and 10 dedicated function keys which are ergonomically perfect located around the display for flexible and accurate data entry: part of what we call Natural Task Support™.
Talk to me
The 8515 supports a two way speaker /microphone with Push-To-Talk capability. Use Voice over IP to keep in contact with the truck operator
Motorola 8515 Compact Vehicle Mount Computer Specifications
Processor & Memory
• Marvell® XScale PXA270, 312 MHz
• 4GB Flash micro-SD card
• 128MB SDRAM
• Windows® CE 5
Displays & Touch Screen
• VGA 640 x 480 TFT Transmissive LCD
• Size: 6.4” diagonal
• Color depth: 16 bit
• Adjustable backlight brightness – 350 NITs
• 5 wire resistive touch screen with anti-reflective, anti-glare coating and stylus
• Integrated alpha-numeric keyboard (58 keys)
• 10 function keys
• Adjustable LED backlight
• Material: High impact polycarbonate
Size & Weight
• Dimensions: 209 mm x 203 mm x 46 mm (8.23” x 7.99” x 1.8”)
• Weight: 1.31 kg (2.9 lbs.)
Audio ? Voice System
• 3.5mm jack for connection to a rugged Push-to-Talk speaker/mic
• Power On LED
• Beeper with adjustable volume control
• 1 x full function UART (DE9) with 5V / 500mA for external devices
• 2 x USB host port
• 1 x USB client port
• 1 x Compact Flash Slot Type I or II (3.3V)
• 1 x micro-SD slot for memory expansion (not user-accessible)
• 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g radio
• Integrated Bluetooth® Class 2
• Terminal emulation
• HTML browser
• PTX Connect
• Remote device and network management (MapRF, Mobile Control Center)
• Psion Mobile Devices SDK for application specific software development
• Operating temperature range: -20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F)
• Storage temperature range: -35°C to 70°C (-31°F to 158°F)
• Humidity (operating): 5% to 90%, non-condensing
• Dust & water protection enclosure rating IP65
• Shock & vibration: IEC 60721-3-5 – Class 5M2
• Salt spray: Per NEMA 250, method 5.9.1
• UV: Per MIL-STD-810F, method 505.4, procedure II
• Chemical resistance: SAE J1255
• Backup battery with automatic charging
• 350 mAh Li polymer battery cell (3.6V nominal)
• 1-hour memory backup
• 7-day RTC backup
• Battery charge time (typical) 2 hours
• 10-30V power input range
• Power consumption: max 30W
• FCC Part 15 Subpart B, Class B, Emissions
• Industry Canada ICES-003 Class B
• EN 55022:1998, Class B Emissions
• EN 55024:1998 Immunity
• EN 60950-1, UL 60950-1, CSA 22.2 No. 60950-1, Safety
• ISO7637-1/2 Vehicle transients
• Bluetooth® (Built-in): EN 300 328, FCC Part 15 Subpart C, RSS 210, and EN 301 489- 17
• 802.11 radios: EN 300 328, FCC Part 15 Subpart C, RSS 210, and EN 301 489-17
A complete list of accessories is available at: www.psion.com
Product is ROHS Compliant.
* Note this product will carry the CE Mark.
* Specifications are subject to change without notice.
The 8515 offer a wide range of antenna options to deliver impressive connectivity for any application. External, internal or diversity. Take your pick.
A wide range of mounting options ensures that you get the right fit. There is also a Quick Release option that enables a user to dismount the unit without the need for tools.
Pre-regulator and power supply options for compatibility with any vehicle.