Psion Printabout Mobile Printer Series Features
The PRINTABOUT thermal printer combines ruggedness with infinite application possibilities. Designed specifically for Mobile Sales, Field Sales and Public Safety applications, the PRINTABOUT is perfect for all 3” and 4” receipt, work order, or ticket printing needs. PRINTABOUT printers are available in cabled, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi versions. The easy to use, portable, compact direct thermal printer makes it possible to be more efficient and productive. Psion Teklogix PRINTABOUT gives mobile workers the ability to print up-to-date work records, receipts, invoices and more while working in the field. The easy-to-read control face and simple drop-in paper loading make it painless to use in a fast paced environment. Psion Teklogix PRINTABOUT printers are great when workers need to stay focused on their job, not their printers. That’s why the PRINTABOUT is engineered to create crisp, professional looking field service and field sales documents automatically and reliably. The PRINTABOUT, with an optional magnetic card reader (MCR), also enables real time credit card payments. With a compact and lightweight design, the PRINTABOUT can be conveniently stored in any vehicle while remaining trouble-free to carry. PRINTABOUT printers are up to 10% smaller and 40% lighter than competitive models. One day on the job will convince you – Psion Teklogix PRINTABOUT takes mobility and ease of use to a whole new level.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Downsized dimensions, up scaled productivity
• 10% smaller than competitive models
• 40% lighter than competitive models
• IP54 rated for water and dust resistance
• Rated for repeat 4-foot drops to concrete
Robust Built in Functionality
• Easy-to-read control face and simple drop-in paper loading
• MCR option allows automated capture of credit card/license information in field
• High-speed signature printing, extensive font and graphic capabilities
• Printer integration is quick and easy with popular printer emulations
• Exclusive Universal Port makes cabled applications and add-on peripheral devices a snap
• Mobile Sales
• Field Service
• Public Safety
Psion Printabout Mobile Printer Series Specifications
• Printing Method: Direct thermal
• Printing Resolution: 203 dpi (8 dots per mm)
• Printing Speed: Up to 2.8 ips
• Fonts: A wide range of font types and sizes, from ~ 6 cpi to 34 cpi depending on emulation chosen, plus scaling.
• International Characters: Arab-T, Arab-S, Arab-E, Asian fonts and an expanding catalog available for download.
• Bar Codes: 39, 128, Intlv 2 of 5, CODABAR, EAN08 & 13, PDF-417 and UPC, depending on emulation chosen.
• Downloadable fonts, graphics, logos and additional bar codes.
• Standard (All Units): RS232, USB (optional cable required)
• Wireless Options: Bluetooth , Wi-Fi (802.11b)
• Universal Port: (RJ45 connection) data and power port – allows connection of external devices such as barcode scanners, signature capture pad.
• Drivers and Utilities: Drivers for WIN 98, 2000, XP, Windows CE/Pocket PC, Windows Mobile, and Palm OS print utilities and SDK’s.
• Printer Setup Program provides convenient configuration via a Windows interface fromany computer.
• Emulations: Emulates many popular printer brands (O’Neil, Zebra CPCL and ZPL, Extech, and Printek Mt3). Can be upgraded as new emulations become available.
• Paper Type: Direct Thermal Roll
• Roll Size: Maximum roll diameter 1.75” (4.3cm), roll widths from 2.9” to 4.125” (7.4 to 10.5 cm)
• Roll Capacity: Approx. 65’ (19.8 m), or approx. 130 6” long receipts (using 2.4 mil thick media)
• Core Size: 0.75” Recommended (1.9 cm)
• Battery: Rechargeable 2 cell Lithium Ion, (7.4 V, 2200 mAh)
• Endurance: Over 3,500 printed inches per charge.
• Recharging: 2 hours, via on-board charger
• Optional: 100-240 VAC wall adapter, or 12-24 VDC in-vehicle adapter. When plugged in, the printer can be used while recharging the battery or can be run without the battery
• L x W x H: 6.1” x 5.9” x 2.7” (15.5 x 15.0 x 6.9 cm)
• Weight: 20 ounces (.57 kg) with battery
• Operating Temp: -4° to 122°F
(-18° to 50°C)
• Storage Temp: -4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)
• Humidity: 10% to 90% RH (non-condensing) Rated IP54 per IEC 529, without optionalenvironmental case
OPERATOR CONTROLS & INDICATORS
• 3 LED indicators for general fault, wireless connection/power and battery status indication.
• Buttons for Power and Paper Feed. Sensors for paper out, black mark detection, and door open.
• 2 MB Flash, 1MB SRAM. Standard memory supports large and graphic intensive print jobs.
DURABILITY AND RELIABILITY
• Survives multiple 4 foot drops to concrete (each face) and conforms to IEC 68-2.
• MTBF: 10,000 hours in normal use
• FCC Class B, CE mark, RoHS, WEEE, UL listed AC adapters, E-mark on In-Vehicle Adapters
• One-year printer warranty on the entire printer-case, battery, and print head included.
OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
• 3-Track Simultaneous Read Magnetic Card Reader with indicator
• Cabled connection of external devices such as barcode scanners, signature capture pads, and more via Universal Port
• AC Wall Adapter, 100 to 240 VAC
• In-Vehicle Power Adapter, 12 to 24 VDC
• Vehicle Mounts
• Shoulder Strap
• Hand Strap/Belt Loop Attachments
• Data Cables, RS232 or USB
• Environmental Case
• Spare Batteries in Multi-Packs
• Media in Case Quantities