Zebra HC100 Specialty Printer
Zebra HC100 Specialty Printer Specifications
• Quick & easy wristband cartridge loading
• Automatic print speed setting—up to 4 ips depending on installed cartridge
• Direct thermal printing of barcodes, text and graphics
• Dual-wall frame, impact-resistant plastic
• ZPL® or ZPL II® programming language
• 32 bit RISC processor
• 8 MB (2 MB user-available) Flash memory (standard)
• 16 MB (4 MB user-available) SDRAM memory (standard)
• Element Energy Equalizer™ (E3™) for superior print quality
• Dual communications interface: serial and USB
• Odometer for print-length tracking
• Illuminated media low/media out indicator
• Tool-less printhead and platen replacement
• Unicode™-compliant for multi-language printing
• Instant media calibration—no wasted media
• 16 resident expandable bitmap fonts
• One resident scalable font
• Head-up sensor
• Standard tear-off mode feature
• XML-enabled printing—allows XML communications from information systems
• ENERGY STAR® qualified
Maximum print length
• 22″/558 mm
Minimum print length
• 3″/76 mm
• 0.75″/19.05 mm, 1″/25.4 mm, 1.1875″/30.16 mm
• 300 dpi/12 dots per mm
Maximum print speed
• 2″/51 mm per second (Healthcare)
• 4″/102 mm per second (Z-Band Fun & Z-Band Splash)
Zebra offers a comprehensive range of wristband solutions for healthcare and hospitality industries.
• Adhesive or clip closure.
• Adult, child and infant sizes.
• Barcodes on Z-Band wristbands are proven to withstand water, soaps, foams, alcohol and
other common solvents found in a healthcare environment, and remain scannable for longer
than the average patient stay.
• One-day and multi-day wristband options.
• Seven bright colors.
• Designed for amusement parks, water parks, carnivals, zoos, sporting events and resorts.
• Variable print-on-demand barcoded wristbands means the wristband does not have value until printed, reducing ticket fraud.
• Operating temperature: 40° F/4.4° C to 104° F/40° C
• Storage temperature: -40° F/-40° C to 140° F/60° C
• Operating humidity: 20%-85% non-condensing R.H.
• Storage humidity: 5%-85% non-condensing R.H.
Wristband cartridge environmental
• Service temperature: -40° F/-40° C to 140° F/60° C
• Storage temperature: 32° F/0° C to 70°F/21° C at 35% to 50% non-condensing R.H.
• Universal power supply (PFC-compliant) 100–240VAC, 50–60Hz
• Emissions: FCC Part 15, Subpart B, VCCI, C-Tick
• Emissions and Susceptibility: (CE): EN 55022 Class B and EN 55024
• Safety: CB Scheme IEC 60950-1:2001, TÜV, NRTL
• Power supply: IEC 60601-1:1995
• Width: 5″/127 mm
• Height**: 7″/178 mm
• Depth: 9.5″/242 mm
• Weight: 3.1 lbs/1.4 kg
** Requires 6″/153 mm clearance above printer to load cartridge
Healthcare wipeable plastic is designed to withstand a variety of disinfectants, chemicals and
cleaning solutions. See zebra.com for full list.
Options and accessories
• ZebraNet® 10/100 Print Server (internal)—factory-installed only, offered in combination
with serial/USB interface
• ZebraNet® b/g Print Server (internal)—factory installed only, offered in combination with serial/
• Font packs—Asian and other international font kits
• Factory-installed 64 MB (58 MB user-available) Flash memory option
• ZBI 2.0™—Factory- or field-installed, this powerful programming language lets printers
run standalone applications, connect to peripherals, and much more
Fonts and character sets
• Character fonts: Standard bitmapped Zebra fonts: A, B, C, D, E (OCR-B), F, G, H (OCR-A), GS, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V & Ø Smooth font (CG Triumvirate™ Bold Condensed)
• Supports user-defined fonts and graphics—including custom logos
• Bitmap fonts are expandable up to 10 times, height- and width-independent. Fonts E and H
(OCR-B and OCR-A), however, are not considered in spec when expanded
• Smooth-scalable font Ø (CG Triumvirate Bold Condensed) is expandable dot-by-dot, heightand width-independent, while maintaining edges to a max. 1500 x 1500 dots
• Codabar, Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, EAN-8, EAN-13, EAN-14, GS1 DataBar™ (formerly RSS), Industrial 2-of-5, Interleaved 2-of-5, Logmars, MSI, Plessey, Postnet, Standard 2-of-5, UPC-A, UPC-E, UPC-A and UPC-E with EAN 2 or 5 digit extensions Two-dimensional:
• Aztec Code, Codablock, Code 49, Data Matrix, MaxiCode, MicroPDF417, PDF417, QR Code
• ZebraDesigner™ Pro (option)
• ZebraDesigner (standard)
• ZebraNet™ Bridge Enterprise (option)
• ZebraNet Utilities v7.0 (standard)
• ZebraDesigner Driver
• Zebra Universal Driver
• ZBI 2.0 (optional)
• ZBI-Developer™ (standard with ZBI 2.0)
• ZebraNet® 10/100 Print Server (internal)
• ZebraNet® b/g Print Server (internal)
• ZPL II—Universal language for Zebra printers.
Simplifies wristband and label formatting and enables format compatibility with existing
systems that run Zebra printers.
• Web View & Alert
- Product Brochure »
- HC100 Patient I.D. Solution Quick Reference Guide »
- ZebraNet Wireless Quick Start Guide »
- ZebraNet Wired and Wireless Print Server User Guide »
- Zebra Label Printers Portfolio
User’s Guides and Manuals