Zebra P4T Mobile Printers Features
P4T Mobile Printers Features
The world's first mobile thermal transfer printer with optional RFID upgradability. Prints longlife bar code labels, RFID labels and documents up to 4" wide that withstand harsh and outdoor environments. Offering advanced wireless connectivity, the P4T/RP4T boasts an array of features that easily handle customers' printing needs, and stands up to the most demanding work environments.
Zebra’s P4T/RP4T is the first-ever mobile thermal transfer printer with RFID printing/encoding capability.
The easy-to-carry P4T/RP4T printer enables you to print long-life barcode labels and documents up to 4” wide where and when you need them—resulting in enhanced data and asset-tracking accuracy and improved workforce efficiency. Uniquely flexible, the P4T/RP4T offers the advantages of thermal transfer image durability (barcodes/text/graphics), optional RFID, advanced wireless connectivity options and included direct thermal mode in a versatile variety of combinations.
Thermal Transfer Longevity
When paired with tested genuine Zebra thermal transfer supplies, the P4T/RP4T printer produces 2- to 4-inch-wide labels or other documents that withstand harsh environments and offer archival longevity ranging from 18 months to up to 10 years in outdoor applications.
UHF RFID Capability
With its RFID option, the P4T/RP4T printer is perfect if you need pointof-application UHF EPC Gen 2 smart labeling for compliance or business improvement applications today—
or if you think you might need it in the future.
Advanced Technology for Ease of Use and Productivity Advanced wireless:
Bluetooth® 2.0, secure 802.11b/g, or both; serial/USB
Smart operation—Battery monitoring and auto-adjusting ribbon cartridge
Rugged for outdoor use—IP14 water-resistance rating; IP54 dustand water-resistance with soft case; tolerant to multiple drops up to 5’ to concrete
Fast, easy media and ribbon loading
Comfortable to wear and hold
DEX communication for direct store delivery (U.S. only)
Zebra P4T Mobile Printers Specifications
• 8 MB Flash /16 MB SRAM memory
• USB 2.0 serial connection
• 32 bit processor
• Thermal transfer or direct thermal printing modes
• Large LCD
• Drop-in/pop-out media and ribbon loading
• Tolerant of multiple drops up to 5’ to concrete
• Sensor detects gap, black bar, media, media width, door ajar and ribbon
• Smart battery and ribbon cartridge
• Shoulder strap
Printer Specifications Resolution
203 dpi/8 dots per mm
8 MB Flash/16 MB SRAM
Maximum Print Width
Maximum Print Speed
• DT: 3”/76.2 mm per second
• TT: 1.5”/38.1 mm per second
Operating Characteristics Environmental**
• DT Operating Temp.: -4° F/-20° C to 122° F/50° C
• TT Operating Temp.: 32° F/0° C to 113° F/45° C
• Storage Temp.: -22° F/-30° C to 149° F/65° C
• Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% non-condensing
** Extremes in temperature and label image density may affect throughput and print image quality. Please contact Zebra for guidance to maximize the performance of your solution.
7.4V, 4200 mAh rechargeable Li-Ion battery
• EMC: FCC Part 15 and EN55022 Class B limits
• Radio approval for BT, 802.11b/g & RFID: FCC, Industry Canada
• Safety: IEC 60950, NRTL marking for US & Canada
• EU: EMC, LV D, R&TTE Directives
• Additional countries being certified. Please check zebra.com for availability.
• Width: 7”/177.8 mm
• Height: 8.6”/218.4 mm
• Depth: 3”/76.2 mm
• Weight: 2.9 lbs/1.32 kg with ribbon and battery
Maximum Label and Liner Width
Maximum Media Roll Size
• Non-RFID media: 2.6”/66 mm O.D. on a 0.75”/
19.1 mm I.D. core
• RFID media: 2.6”/66 mm O.D. on a 1.375”/
34.9 mm I.D. core
• Receipt paper: 3.2 mil (min)
• Labels: 8.2 mil (max)
• Tags: 6.5 mil (max)
Labels and documents up to 4” wide on either synthetic or paper
• Ribbon type: Wax; wax/resin
• Standard length: 98.4’/30 m
• Ratio: Approximately 2:1 media to roll to ribbon depending on media thickness
• Ribbon width: 4.33”/110.0 mm
Printer Control Language—The P4T/RP4T mobile printer comes equipped with CPCL, ZPL®† and XML, ensuring easy integration into existing systems that run Zebra mobile printers without the need for additional software. WML for display programming.
† ZPL required for RFID support.
Fonts and character sets
• Scalable text feature
• Standard resident fonts† can be rotated in 90° increments
• International character set support: US/Canadian English/Latin 1 & 5 (Incl. Turkish), Japanese 16×16, Japanese 24×24, Chinese 16×16 (traditional), Chinese 16×16 (simplified) ,Chinese 24×24 (simplified), Korean Mincho, Korean Myeong. Others available upon request.
Supports user defined fonts and graphics and logos
• L inear Barcodes: Code 39, Code 93, UCC/EAN128, Code 128, Codabar (NW-7), Interleaved 2-of-5, UPC-A, UPC-E, 2 and 5 digit add-on, EAN-8, EAN-13, 2 and 5 digit add-on
• 2-Dimensional: PDF417, MaxiCode, QR Code, GS1 DataBarTM (RSS) family, Aztec, MSI/Plessey, FIM Post Net, Data Matrix
• B arcode Ratios: 1.5:1, 2:1, 2.5:1, 3:1, 3.5:1
† Contains UFST from Monotype Imaging, Inc.
Communication and Interface Capabilities
• Communication interface: USB 2.0
• Wireless: Bluetooth, short range radio frequency connectivity. Profiles supported: SPP.
• WLAN (802.11b/g) support for the following security protocols: Airbeam Safe VPN, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, LEAP, PEAP, EAP-FAST. WPA with the protocols listed and WPA2-PSK (AES or TKIP).
Options and Accessories
• Bluetooth 2.0
• RFID Option
–– Supports passive EPC Class 1 Gen 2 protocol
–– Fully integrated ThingMagic® UHF RFID
–– RFID ZPL commands allow ease of RFID setup with maximum flexibility
–– Variable RFID read and write power settings to support a wide variety of inlays
–– RFID counters keep track of good and bad labels
–– Verification and voiding of inlays to prevent usage of bad labels
–– Interoperable with a wide variety of Gen 2
labels and tags
–– Supports extended memory features of newer Gen 2 inlays
• Fanfold support
• AC adapter
• A C single charger
• Quad battery charger
• Vehicle cradle for docking and charging
• RAM® mounting hardware for vehicles or forklifts
• Heavy-duty forklift mount
• DC adapter
• In-vehicle mobile charger
• Nylon soft case
• Spare battery