Honeywell Thor VM1A Vehicle-Mounted Computer Features
The Android™:-based Thor™: VM1A combines all of the easy-to-use , easy-to-maintain features of the popular Thor VM1 and CV41 models, with all the advantages of Honeywell’:s Mobility Edge™: platform to help accelerate provisioning and deployment, optimize performance, and extend lifecycle for better investment protection and lower cost of ownership.
- No need to choose between optimizing productivity and minimizing IT support costs. All Honeywell Mobility Edge computers share a common hardware and software platform. From an IT perspective, they are all the same product.
- The Mobility Edge hardware platform and enterprise lifecycle tools drive an integrated, repeatable, scalable approach for accelerated and secure development, deployment, performance, and lifecycle management.
- Security update availability is just as important as computer durability for maximizing a computer’:s useful life. Mobility Edge products provide five more years of security updates than a typical Android device.
- The field-replaceable front panel reduces maintenance costs by enabling on-site unskilled personnel to service the most wear- and abuse-prone components themselves rather than returning them to the repair depot.
- The Smart Dock feature enables mounting and removal in seconds without touching cabling, saving on support and maintenance costs while minimizing capital expense by allowing the shifting of computers between vehicles as workloads change.
Forklifts and vehicle-mounted computers are essential tools in the day to-day workflows of warehouses, manufacturing, ports, and intermodal environments.
Forklift operators and distribution managers need to keep products moving in and out all day long, without compromise, with an advanced mobile solution that can keep up with your inventory replenishment and outgoing orders, your workforce, and your IT infrastructure. You need the Thor™: VM1A from Honeywell.
Built with many of the same easy-to-use, easy-to-maintain features of the popular Thor VM1 and CV41 models, the rugged, Android™:-based Thor VM1A also offers all the advantages of Honeywell’:s Mobility Edge™: platform –: including the ability to accelerate provisioning, application certification, and deployment across the enterprise.
The Thor VM1A is upgradable from Android O to Android R, with extended security update support via Honeywell Sentinel to extend product lifecycle and maximize return on investment. The device’:s advanced enterprise configuration and software support tools also simplify frequently repeated tasks such as unit setup and distribution of security and software updates.
Compact, ergonomic, and powerful, the Thor VM1A has numerous breakthrough features designed to maximize productivity, minimize visual obstructions, and reduce or eliminate downtime.
Built tough for challenging forklift environments, the Thor VM1A includes a powerful Qualcomm®: 660 processor, 2x2 MIMO WLAN connectivity, integrated keyboard, and large 8-inch touchscreen readable both indoors and out, keeping critical data accessible right from the forklift driver’:s seat. An optional screen defroster is available for use in cold storage and freezer environments.
The Smart Dock feature enables users to quickly shift computers between vehicles, while the ignition control feature offers adjustable power management settings to save startup time and extend vehicle battery life, maximizing efficiencies and uptime.
The field-replaceable front panel allows enterprises to minimize investments in spare parts by substituting low-cost spare front panels for complete spare computers. In-house staff can quickly and easily swap out the front panel, fixing typical touchscreen or keyboard failures and rapidly returning units to service, saving valuable time and maintenance costs and lowering total cost of ownership.