Keep your critical operations running efficiently with Zebra's durable ZT400 Series printers, designed for years of performance in a wide array of applications. The ZT400 Series builds on the field-proven reliability of the Z Series™ with advancements in print speed, print quality and connectivity options. Designed for ease of use, the ZT400 Series printers offer an intuitive iconbased LCD graphical user interface and easy supplies loading. And, they include standard USB, Serial, Ethernet and Bluetooth® capabilities. Expanded RFID capacities deliver greater tracking abilities, deeper visibility and enterprise insights.
The ZT400 Series is offered in both 4" and 6" models and comes standard with an extensive set of advanced features that ensure your printer investment will always meet your needs, now and in the future. Constructed using an allmetal frame and bi-fold door, this printer is designed to fit well in space-constrained environments. Featuring Zebra's Link-OS® environment — an innovative operating system combining a powerful Multiplatform Software Development Kit (SDK) and software applications — ZT400 Series printers are easy to integrate, manage and maintain from any location around the globe.Ideal for These Applications • Manufacturing
– Product ID/ serial numbers
– Packaging labels
– Receiving/ put-away labeling
• Transportation & Logistics
– Order picking/ packing
– Shipping/ receiving
– Compliance labeling
– Distribution centers
– Back-of-store operations
– Laboratory labels
– Blood-bank labels
– Asset tracking
– Pharmacy labellingApplication Flexibility • Expand your printing readiness through an exceptional range of media capabilities and media delivery options.
• Customize your printer to match your current and future business needs with end-user-installable media handling options.
• Standard Serial, USB, Ethernet and Bluetooth features — as well as two open media slots — allow you to utilize non-standard connectivity options.
• Expanded RFID capabilities are easy to install and simple to use.
• Ensure quality output for small-label applications with high-resolution printing capabilities. Effortless to Integrate • USB host port enables simple printer configuration by easily transferring data from a USB flash drive via mirroring and expanded mapped-drive memory capabilities.
• Virtual Devices apps enable Link-OS enabled printers to support well-known legacy and competitor printer languages — in addition to ZPL® and EPL™ — for a future-proofed investment. Easy to Operate • Dynamic QR codes provide on-demand, web-based support to resolve printer errors quickly.
• Print Touch-enabled Link-OS enabled printers offer web page launching features using Near Field Communication (NFC), making it easy to access Zebra's extensive knowledge base of how-to videos and product support.
• Lighted media and ribbon paths make it easy to see inside the printer, even in poorly lit environments. Simple to Manage • Zebra's Link-OS environment delivers enhanced capabilities to monitor, manage and maintain your printer from any location.
• Cloud Connect allows Link-OS enabled printers to securely and directly interact with the Cloud for printing and device management.
• Profile Manager enables you to edit and manage one printer, batches of printers or all Link-OS enabled printers across your network anywhere in the world. ZebraCare™ Services Increase printer uptime and reduce lost productivity and unbudgeted repair costs by selecting a ZebraCare service agreement. A cost-effective means of planning and budgeting for your annual maintenance expenditures, your agreement ensures that trained Zebra technicians will bring your printer back to factory specifications. Zebra offers a variety of plans to fit your budget and business needs. Genuine Zebra™ Supplies As one of the largest thermal supplies manufacturers in North America, Zebra provides convenient shipping throughout the region via our four manufacturing locations. Zebra provides high-quality supplies solutions for virtually any application:
• The largest selection of pre-tested, labels, tags and ribbons for your ZT400 printer.
• Ability to create custom labels in any size with pre-printed text, graphics and logos.
• Supplies extensively tested to ensure print quality, chemical resistance and adhesive strength.
• ISO 9001: 2008 certified
Zebra® ZT400™ Series Printers Specifications
Printer Specifications Resolution • 203dpi/ 8 dots per mm • 300dpi/ 12 dots per mm (optional) • 600dpi/ 24 dots per mm (optional for ZT410 only) Memory • 256MB RAM memory (4MB user available) • 512MB Flash memory (64MB user available) Maximum Print Width • 4.09″/ 104mm (ZT410) • 6.6″/ 168mm (ZT420) Maximum Print Speed • 14 ips/ 356mm per second (ZT410) • 12 ips/ 305mm per second (ZT420) Media Sensors Dual media sensors: transmissive and reflective Media Characteristics Media web width (label and liner): • ZT410: 1″/ 25.4mm ~ 4.5″/ 114mm tear/cutter 1″/ 25.4mm ~ 4.25″/ 108mm peel/rewind • ZT420: 2″/ 51mm ~ 7″/ 178mm tear/cutter 2″/ 51mm ~ 6.75″/ 171mm peel/rewind Maximum non-continuous label length: 39″/ 991mm Print Length ZT410 ZT420 • 203dpi: 157″/ 3988mm 102″/ 2590mm • 300dpi: 73″/ 1854mm 45″/ 1143mm • 600dpi: 39″/ 991mm Maximum Media Roll Size 8″/ 203mm O.D. on a 3″/ 76mm I.D. core Media Thickness 0.0023″/ 0.058mm to 0.010″/ 0.25mm Media Types Continuous, die-cut, notch, black-mark Ribbon Characteristics (Thermal-transfer option only) Maximum Outer Diameter 450m: 3.2″/ 81.3mm O.D. on a 1″/ 25.4mm I.D. core Standard Length 1476’/ 450m Width 2″/ 51mm to 4.33″/ 110mm Ribbon Setup Ribbon wound ink-side out; ribbon wound ink-side in can be used with the optional ribbon spindle Operating Characteristics Environmental • Operating Environment: – Thermal Transfer: 40?~104?F/ 5?~40?C – Direct Thermal: 32?~104?F/ 0?~40?C – 20%~85% non-condensing R.H. • Storage/Transportation Environment: – -40?~140?F/ -40?~60?C – 5%~85% non-condensing R.H. Electrical • Auto-detectable (PFC Compliant) 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, rated at 100 Watts • ENERGY STAR qualified Agency Approvals • IEC 60950, EN 55022 Class B, EN55024, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3 • cTUVus, CE Marking, FCC-B, ICES-003, VCCI, C-Tick, NOM, S-Mark (Arg), CCC, CU, BSMI, KCC, SABS, IN-Metro Physical Characteristics ZT410 closed ZT420 closed Width: 10.6″/ 269mm 13.25″/ 337mm Height: 12.75″/ 324mm 12.75″/ 324mm Depth: 19.50″/ 495mm 19.50″/ 495mm Weight: 36 lb./ 16.33kg 40 lb./ 18.14kg Options and Accessories Communication • Parallel (Bi-directional interface) • Wireless: ZebraNet® Printer Server — supports 802.11 a/b/g/n networks via an internally integrated option that enables the use of Webview and Alert features Media Handling • Rewind: internally rewinds a full roll of printed labels on 3″ core, or peels and rewinds liner (Factory installed only) • Peel: Front mount, passive peel option • Peel: Liner take-up option — additional full roll liner take-up spindle accommodates standard printer base • Cutter: Front mount guillotine cutter & catch tray • 1″ I.D. Core media supply hanger • Ink-side in ribbon supply spindle RFID • Supports tags compatible with UHF EPC Gen 2 V1.2/ISO 18000-6C • Integrated RFID system is user-upgradable in the field and available on both 4″ and 6″ models • Adaptive Encoding Technology automatically selects optimum encode settings Keyboard Display Unit Supports KDU Plus™ and ZKDU: Enter variable data and retrieve stored forms for standalone applications Link-OS Solutions Software Tools • Document Design: Quickly design a customized print solution using your business data and Zebra’s intuitive, plug-and-print design tools. • Device Integration: Zebra offers apps and products designed to help you integrate Zebra devices into your existing systems. • Device Management: Manage your print operations locally and globally with Zebra’s suite of device management tools. • Developer Tools: Provides you the tools you need to create your own apps, including documentation, source code, programming languages, templates and more. Firmware • Resident ZPL, ZPL II® and EPL programming languages, selectable through software or front panel. • XML-enabled Printing — allows XML communications for barcode label printing. Barcode Symbologies • Linear Barcodes: Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128 with subsets A/B/C and UCC Case Codes, ISBT-128, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC and EAN 2- or 5-digit extensions, Plessey, Postnet, Standard 2-of-5, Industrial 2-of-5, Interleaved 2-of-5, Logmars, MSI, Codabar, Planet Code • 2-Dimensional Barcodes: Codablock, PDF417, Code 49, DataMatrix, MaxiCode, QR Code, TLC 39, MicroPDF, RSS-14 (and composite), Aztec Fonts and Graphics • 16 resident expandable ZPL II bitmap and two resident scalable ZPL fonts • Asian and other international scalable and smooth bitmapped fonts • Unicode: For multi-language printing • Downloadable objects include graphics, scalable and bitmap fonts, label templates and formats • IBM Code Page 850 international character sets are available in the fonts A, B, C, D, E, F, G and 0 through software control • Code Page 1250, 1252, 1253, 1254, 1255 Support with font 0